Windows XP The default Windows installation, Discuss tips, tweaks, drivers and more!

(#1) Old
Default XP Recovery Dell Mini Nickelodeon - 03-27-2010, 05:13 PM

So i got a Refurb Dell Mini 10V Nickelodeon. It does include XP pre-installed on it, and XP run fast and great.

My mini is a refurb, so no XP DVD and driver DVD was shipped with the machine. I want to install Snow Leopard but before I want to make sure I can do a fresh re-install of XP (just in case I want to sell it back some day).

Is there a recovery partition on the Dell Mini 10v that will be usable? Or do I have to do a recovery USB stick? Windows 7 seam to have a tool to make these USB but not XP am I wrong?

I need a little help to understand how to do this before I format the HD and Install snow leopard.
  (#2) Old
Default 04-02-2010, 05:35 AM

If you bought the refurb directly from the Dell outlet, it should have included an XP installation disk along with a resource (driver) cd, nickelodeon theme cd, webcam cd, and one other that I can't recall at the moment. I would start a support chat with dell and tell them you did not receive all of the necessary recovery CDs. They should get one mailed out to you within a couple of days.

It seems to be pretty common for this model refurb to be missing CDs. A friend purchased a Nickelodeon model about a month ago and ran into the same problem except it was the Nickelodeon "slime" theme CD that was missing. After chatting with dell, she received a replacement in the mail within 2 or 3 days.

nickelodeon, recovery, refurbished, winxp

« URGENT!! Reformat Mini 10v to XP | Ha1.dll? »