Windows XP The default Windows installation, Discuss tips, tweaks, drivers and more!

(#1) Old
Default vista to XP need help! - 12-23-2008, 10:46 PM

ok so i ordered Vista mini 12(vista edition) and have been trying to install XP on it. so far i have done the following

1)tried to install 1 copy of XP from a friend and that would freeze when it got to the "press any key to boot from CD"

2)i downloaded XP pro and burned image and then tried to install that but it goes through installing drivers then it hang on
the " setup is starting windows" screen. (this is before windows XP is installed though)

I also put the win XP cd in and booted into vista and ran the CD and the "install XP" option is grayed out!!? wtf?

3) so i finally popped in the vista CD that came with my mini 12 and ran that and it worked fine i got to the point where i could delete all the partitions and i did. (thinking maybe then if i put in the win XP CD it would work properly) BUT it didn't it still hangs on the "setup is starting windows" screen.

so can somebody help me? can you EVEN install XP on the dell mini 12 (vista edition)?
  (#2) Old
Default Re: vista to XP need help! - 12-24-2008, 01:25 AM

nevermind! the third image i downloaded installed correctly. Now i am just installing drivers

P.S. going from vista to XP pro is a HUGE performance change from what i can tell so far... im so glad i did it lol

« Spreadsheets | Duplicate WINDOWS folder? »