Windows XP The default Windows installation, Discuss tips, tweaks, drivers and more!

(#21) Old
Unhappy Re: Bluetooth Driver - 10-18-2008, 06:01 AM

So, I followed the steps as Nimrod explained. I removed my dongle, uninstalled the WIDCOMM package from add/remove packages, rebooted, and plugged the dongle back in. And then it copied two files into place in C:\windows\system32\drivers and said it was installed successfully. I then attempted to update the driver, pointing the search at the folder Nimrod supplied, but I get a dialog box that these drivers are not better than the ones I already have installed. What am I missing? How do I make these drivers install?

Edit - Scratch that. I went back to Nimrod's post at digiex and noticed that he said he got it working by modifying the driver to include the Hardware ID's in the Supported devices list. So, i went back to the system manager and looked up the hardware device ID's for this dongle and then added the two lines to the driver for them. I then manually directed the install to the updated .inf file and sure enough, it installed.

Unfortunately, the item I was installing was a bluetooth stereo headset, and there appears to be no services as part of the install for these, so all that effort appears to be for naught. Nimrod, unless I'm missing something you might want to add a disclaimer that this is not going to support all devices.
  (#22) Old
Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default Re: Bluetooth Driver - 10-31-2008, 03:03 PM

Just to confirm my Logitech v470 BT mouse works fine

Please do not send me support requests via PM.
  (#23) Old
Default Re: Bluetooth Driver - 04-02-2009, 12:19 PM

I was trying to get my bluetooth stereo headset to work also. It worked before and now it doesn't. I don't know why. I did put the win7 build 7057 on, but dont remember if i tested the headset on it. it worked in build 7000 could it just be the build or do i need to put the widcomm driver on... I dont know... my sony ericsson tethers fine for internet.

Dell Mini 9, Windows 7 7000 then 7057, 2gig Ram, 32gig stec, Bluetooth

« Slow shutdown times | Dropped driver for the synaptics touch pad »