Windows XP The default Windows installation, Discuss tips, tweaks, drivers and more!

(#1) Old
Default Any recommendations on keyboard macro sw? - 11-19-2008, 03:56 PM

I primarily use my Mini as a portable web-browser and it occurs to me that most of the time it would be more useful, while browsing, to have the normal keys mapped to functions in the browser instead of letters and numbers, etc. I would then have lots of single key press function keys for things like increase text size, lower the volume etc...

I would like to be able to easily turn this key mapping on/off so that I can use the keyboard to enter text,and it should automatically turn off once outside of the browser.

Does anyone know of a suitable (preferably open source or at least free) program that can do this?

I am looking at autohotkey: which looks like it will do what I want, but needs some investment in time to confirm. Anybody using autohotkey?

Any other suggestions?
  (#2) Old
Default Re: Any recommendations on keyboard macro sw? - 01-24-2009, 05:37 PM

I use AutoHotkey on my Vista Desktop PC and I love it. I don't use it to map the hardware keys, but instead have some shortcut text strings defined that will autofill in specified text (usually signature block stuff). It works great, and doesn't seem to be a resource hog.

« Nlited XP Pro w/ bluetooth issue | Is it possible to NLite an OEM cd for another Dell machine t »