Windows 8 Discussion on the new Windows 8 and operating it on the Dell Mini series

(#1) Old
Default Windows 8.1 - 11-04-2013, 12:52 AM

I finally managed to get my Mini 9 with Windows 8 to install the Windows 8.1 upgrade. Some of the things I had to do:
  • Connect the Mini to a regular monitor because the Windows Store won't accept a 600px display!
  • Make sure all pending Windows Updates were installed

Even then it took me several tries. Initially I would get a message during the initial download that "something went wrong", with no clue as to what or how to fix it. See here for the fix.

Then the download just seemed to stall. I came back to it a week later and restarted it, this time it worked, but the upgrade is a very slow process on the Mini 9.

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#2) Old
Default 11-10-2013, 03:02 AM

Hi, its been a long time. I just revive my dell mini 9. I replaced the battery, ssd, and the charger, so she is running. Anyways I installed windows 8 and I followed your guide to change the screen resolution. But now I just upgraded to Windows 8.1, I did not have to plug a monitor but it is slow updating. So now I'm in windows 8.1 but the resolution revert back to 1024x600 and I followed your guide again and it did not work. I did not download the graphic you have there though

---------- Post added at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 AM ----------

Never mind it fixed by itself after restart again.

Black Dell Mini 9 w/Vostro A 90 trim 16gb OSX 10.6.3 3G WWAN Broadband (Runcore 64gb)
Asus 1201n Intel Dual Core N330 250gb 3gb ram Triple boot Osx/W7/Jolicloud

« Factory restore Windows 8 | Is there a RAT on my computer? »