Windows 7 Discussion on Windows 7 and operating it on the Dell Mini series.

(#1) Old
Default Win 7 experience so far ... - 06-18-2009, 08:41 PM

I've been meaning to share my experience with downloading and installing the Win 7 RC on a few machines. In summary, I'm very impressed with Win 7! Not only did all the hardware seem to work on my friend's Mini, but also my iMac in boot camp.

What a beautiful, sleek, snappy OS this is! MS seems to have made the OS quite workable on old and new hardware alike! And how cool is it that they released the RC in the first place for folks to try? It's like a free upgrade (for a few months anyway). It's a brilliant way to get people hooked so that they will absolutely buy the retail version this fall.

My only concerns are price and whether or not they'll allow the RC to be upgraded (I think I've seen a lot of NO on this topic). This would be convenient. Just charge me the money and keep my settings and software intact ... upgrade me to the full release version of my choice! Pipe dreams?

I like the Win 7 RC so much so far I'm contemplating whether I want Mac OS X or Win 7 as the primary OS on my A90!

(#2) Old
Expert Member
Default Agreed - 06-19-2009, 04:40 PM

I've been loving Win7 on my Mini 9! (thanks to the guides here)

When the time comes MS has got me for at least two copies: One for my desktop gaming machine, and one for whatever portable I'm carrying.

Not only is it slicker and fast, but it also handles stuff like ICS from my phone over USB like it's nothing.

Great stuff.

Inspiron Duo: Win7 Pro 32-Bit, Intel 6200 Wifi Upgrade
Former Inspiron Mini 9 Owner, Modder, Enthusiast

« Win 7 Hide Modes This Monitor Cannot Display | No Internet Explorer With Windows 7 »