Windows 7 Discussion on Windows 7 and operating it on the Dell Mini series.

(#1) Old
Default (Scared for answer, but here goes!) W7 & Sleep Mode crash?? - 05-05-2009, 09:39 PM

Ok, I tried build 7000 and a few more before switching back to XP (flawless, btw-- flawless but boring) and always had the problems that either OFTEN or OCCASIONALLY I'd crash when coming out of sleep mode by opening the lid on my Mini 9.

I need someone to say, "Amen, brother! Mine used to, but it never happens with RC1 it's rock solid!!!!"

Can anyone vouch for that?

I'm looking for replies from people who definitely had the problem before, and now with RC1 are not encountering it.

I tried all the tricks and ended up just doing Hibernate instead (which worked great), but after switching back to XP (other reasons) I am reminded that the hardware is rock solid-- was just a W7 glitch.

(#2) Old
Retired Mini user
Default Re: (Scared for answer, but here goes!) W7 & Sleep Mode crash?? - 05-05-2009, 09:52 PM

I had occasional crashes/lockups coming out of sleep until build 7068. With 7068 it never locked up, but the video driver would occasionally crash (however Win7 would recover and everything would continue to work.)

I have not had a crash or lockup or driver crash with 7100 *yet*.

Getting an iPad

« Mini XP inside Windows 7 | Looking for help for Win 7 install from USB drive »