Ok, not sure how to explain this, I've had Windows 7 Build 7000 release running on my Mini 9 for over a month with no problems at all, everything running flawlessly.
(I'm using all the hardware drivers windows 7 automatically chose - I've not manually installed or overridden anything)
I live in a flat that's on 3 different floors, the Mini 9 gets used on the top floor and my wireless router is on the bottom floor, up till now the mini 9 only used to get a wireless connection of 2 (out of 5) bars, but that was to be expected and I was totally fine with that, however since about a week ago for reasons beyond me the Mini 9 can see router but no longer connect, in fact it can't even connect on the middle floor, I have to carry the PC right down to the living room where the router is and only then it will connect... I've got no idea why this has suddenly happened - I've changed no software settings on the Mini or the router... all I can think of is maybe an automatic windows update on Win 7 could have kicked in while I turned the PC off one night, and perhaps this has caused it.
Naturally it seems like the wireless range has suddenly decreased, but I'm not sure if that's the case, the really odd thing is that before (when things worked well) when I tried to connect Windows 7 would see it as a 2 bar connection > connect > then report it at 2 bars occasionally fluctuating to 1 bar or 3 bars.
Now, Windows 7 sees the router as a perfect 5 bar connection (which obviously isn't correct given the PC and router are separated by a floor) but then completely fails to connect to it.