Windows 7 Discussion on Windows 7 and operating it on the Dell Mini series.

(#11) Old
Default Re: Wont boot into windows 7 - 02-16-2009, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by jdizzle
Originally Posted by 910 GT
Success... I don't know what did it but I took the VX Nano receiver out and when it first went black I moved the touch pad and hit the space bar and it blinked and went into finishing setup. Thanks!!!
I get the black screen installing sometimes when it reboots and have to disable the usb legacy to boot with dvd connected
That was exactly my problem. For some reason the Nano receiver was hanging it. I have to say that Windows 7 rocks. I can't believe how much faster it is. When installing the Runcore 64gb I installed Office 2007. WHen I pulled my mail in it was 700+ messages and 250mb+ in size. Even though the Runcore is much faster than the stock 16gb it still bogged it down to where I could not even scroll through the messages as it was pulling the rest in. On the 16gb stock drive with Windows 7 installed I did the same thing but could fly through the scrolling with the VX Nano scroll feature and it never even blinked. I also like the Norton 360 which uses a lot less resources than McAfee. As soon as it comes to the desktop its pretty usable right off the bat.

910,Black, Win 7 RC1,64gb Runcore SSD, 2gb Ram, 32gb SDHC Cls 4,B-tooth,1.3Wb Cam, Sprint Touch Pro on Verizon Modem
XPS M1330, T9300, 4gb DDR, 128gb SSD, 128mb Nvidia, LCD Screen, BT, Wireless-N, Soundblaster (320gb HDD w/ Windows 7)

« Turn off touchpad tap? | Windows 7 Video Driver Broken »