Windows 7 Discussion on Windows 7 and operating it on the Dell Mini series.

(#1) Old
Default Best way to set up Win 7/ Win XP single or dual boot - 01-25-2009, 06:30 PM

Ok, I have a 4 GB bootable USB flash drive set up with the install files from the Win7 beta 7000. I have a mini 9 with a 64 GB runcore with one large partition. Currently I have only about 16GB free. I also have my stock 16GB STEC

My options are:

Make a drive image of the RunCore as it is now, store it on an external drive, then format the drive physically and reinstall only Win 7 in a single partition

Or create 2 partitions, restore the XP image to a larger partition and install Win 7 to a smaller partition.

I don't know how to vlite Win 7 and am not really inclined to do it.

The other option I see is to remove my 64 GB Runcore and replace the 16GB STEC, re image it, then format and install Win7.

I've installed Win7 on my other laptop, a Dell XPS M1210. Overall, I love Win 7, but have had Itunes performance problems. Sluggish opening and file transfers, sometimes Windows gets unstable.

Whatever I do has to wait, because I have to send my Mini9 to the Dell depot because the mouse button stopped working.

White Mini 9 with 2 GB RAM and 64 GB RunCore SSD running Win7 RC1
  (#2) Old
Expert Member
Default Re: Best way to set up Win 7/ Win XP single or dual boot - 02-01-2009, 08:37 PM

i've just created a 20Gb partition and installed win7 there. i got dual boot option, just need it to rename the "previous windows version" for a "win xp sp3" jeje

if you want to access the xp partition within win7, you need to asign a label to that partition (win 7 set it as (*) and you can't access it, you will need to change it to (D or wathever you want with any partition tool), and voila! all your files and documents at hand

sory me no spiko english

« Mini runs hotter with Win7 | Composed using speech recognition. »