Windows 7 Discussion on Windows 7 and operating it on the Dell Mini series.

(#1) Old
Unhappy Dell mini 9 with Windows 7 (black hole os update)!!! - 01-18-2011, 06:38 AM

Recently, windows update was bugging me to install some important of them being the so called "black hole" update for windows 7 which is the KB976902.

Unfortunately by the time I realized it was some ambiguous update that microsoft had released, it was too late. Several of my programs in the task bar as well as the theme I have running got screwed up!

And not only that, that update, somehow managed to erase all previous restore points, so you can't even revert back to an earlier time using the system restore feature!!!

Has anyone had this happen to them, and perhaps done something to fix the problems it causes? Also, the weirdest thing, remember how I mentioned about how the theme I'm using was altered, well when I unplug the power cord the theme gets messed up, when I plug the power cord back in, the theme goes back to its normal look. It's the most bizarrest thing I have ever seen!! Any help/suggestions would be good.

« Windows Media Player Remote Streaming choppy playback | Local File Hosts »