Windows 7 Discussion on Windows 7 and operating it on the Dell Mini series.

(#11) Old
Default Re: Windows 7 wireless / bt issue - 01-13-2009, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by holmes4
AHA! Install the Battery Meter/Wireless Switch for the Mini 12 (Vista 32). It works. Doesn't show the battery meter but the wireless option is in the "hidden icons" tray.
Found this via Google. I registered just to say THANKS! I'm sure it's helped many others too.
  (#12) Old
Default Re: Windows 7 wireless / bt issue - 01-13-2009, 09:01 PM

Welcome to the forum! I hope you stick around!

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#13) Old
Default Re: Windows 7 wireless / bt issue - 01-16-2009, 04:28 PM

Thanks guys for the tip on the wireless switch. I setup Windows 7 on my Dell Mini 9 yesterday and the only thing that wasn't working was the bluetooth (which was turned off when I installed). Following your link to download the Dell software switch for wireless for the Mini 12 Vista and installing on my Mini 9 with Win7 worked perfectly. I really appreciate folks like you who do the hard work that the rest of us benefit from. Kudos to you!
  (#14) Old
Default Re: Windows 7 wireless / bt issue - 01-16-2009, 05:18 PM

This is nuts. Didn't this problem crop up with linux and OS X installs too? We almost need a disclaimer on the site "Enable BT/Wireless before a new OS install" lol
  (#15) Old
Default Re: Windows 7 wireless / bt issue - 04-04-2009, 11:41 PM

Here my prob. I just had Mac os and it crashed on me, so I decided to install windows vista 7. I can’t get the wifi to turn on. I installed the battery/wifi software but the first 3 icons say on but the 4 icon says wifi and Bluetooth off.
Any idea
Well i figure out what that means. so i enable both but no wifi. BLUETOOTH is good

Dell Mini 9
32GB Runcore SSD, 2GB RAM
OS X 10.5.6

(#16) Old
Default 02-17-2010, 07:19 PM

i just installed win7 ultimate on my mini9 by using this guide here and now i can't enable my wifi. in device managers it shows that i have the broadcom driver installed (though i think i have atheros). i tried downloading the atheros xp driver for the mini9 and the atheros vista driver for the mini12 but neither would install. i also tried installing the wifi toggle posted in this thread but it doesn't enable the wifi.

the network and sharing center shows that the wifi is disabled and when i right click->enable it, it says its enabled but it isn't, it still shows disabled.

if i try to "set up a connection or network" to connect to the internet a little window pops up and says "not connected no connections are available."

can anybody help?

« Win 7 Vs XP on Mini 9 | Windows 7 via USB with OS X only, NO Bootcamp »