Windows 7 Discussion on Windows 7 and operating it on the Dell Mini series.

(#1) Old
Default mmc.exe error - 0xc0000142 - 03-09-2010, 02:35 PM

Did a vLite install of Win 7 Pro on my Mini 9 (8GB original drive, wiped drive and clean install), Everything mostly seems to be working fine but when I try to open either Computer Management or Device Manager, get an error - "mmc.exe - Application error: The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application". All I really took out in the vLite install were the large non-essential things (languages, etc) so unsure why this is happening. been Googling it for a few hours and found some items related to XP but nothing pertaining to Win 7 console. It is not keeping me from doing anything, but I would like to be able to at least get into Computer Management to poke around and see what it looks like in 7. Also, to make sure I have all drivers updated and all devices are actually taken care of.

*** Update: Event viewer, and others that run as .msc are not working with same error so can't even get in to see if there is an event tied to it. Anyone know what the mmc needs to run? Dependencies?

« simple way to free up some screen real estate | Windows 7 - Dell Webcam Center Does Not Recognize Webcam. »