Originally Posted by anguish
To hell with Norton.
I love that level of enthusiasm!
So it sounds like I need:
- Norton 2010 will do AV and AM/AS and Firewall
- The anguish package (NOD32+Malwarebytes) will do AV and AM/AS and add to that windows firewall
And either one will be the cat's pj's? I'm leaning toward anquish's recommendations because
- I like that they are well-reviewed,
- made by different companies (I'm oddly paranoid about that for a mac user with hardware and software from the same source...), and
- less common in use (an exploit that targets a widely used package may not exist in something not so widely used - as apple used to be ).
However, I can be swung back toward Norton with some compelling tidbit I'm missing.
Norton users - does Norton work well with firefox? I like FF because I can sync bookmarks across multiple OS's with an add-on.
Anguish, do you use anything for the anti-spoof/authentication other than common sense?
And lastly, yeah, isn't it a kicker that you have to turn on the firewall in OS X! That way "it just works", but it just works for everyone
who wants access to your computer. (sorry, that was a bit cynical for a Friday