Windows 7 Discussion on Windows 7 and operating it on the Dell Mini series.

(#1) Old
Default Windows 7 Retail Unmodified ISO + 8GB SSD = POSSIBLE! - 10-27-2009, 09:07 AM

Hey guys.

I thought I'd give Windows 7 a go on my Mini 9. I've read about people not being able to install Windows 7 on an 8GB SSD. I thought why?? Surely Windows 7 can't be THAT big. So I hit myself up with a Windows 7 Pro ISO from that stuent offer thingy they do. Wrote the iso to USB and hey presto, it installed.

The install originally left around 300MB to 700MB of free space. However, I have about 1.2GB free space currently, which is more than enough for me on my Mini 9. This was achieved doing all the "free space tweaks".

No errors, no mess. Just a smooth installation.

(#2) Old
Default 11-09-2009, 08:46 PM

I'm trying this right now!!!

Win7 x32 Professional

Finished installing!

I have 871 MB free of 7.05 GB
Windows update is installing some updates right now so that will take up some more space. Hopefully I can free enough space for my essential programs (Firefox, Office)

Edit again:

Now have 1.76GB free after installing all the Windows Updates and following instructions in the "Ultimate SSD tweaks" thread.
Still have to install a few drivers and programs. Lookin' good.

« Smallest Windows 7 Install from a CD Rom Drive | increase linux partition on dual boot with windows 7 »