Windows 7 Discussion on Windows 7 and operating it on the Dell Mini series.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#1) Old

Default any legitimate way to get a copy of win7 64bit now that the link is closed? - 09-27-2009, 02:14 AM

Ack! I have lost my RC 64bit disc I burned that had my iso image and no longer have the original download saved due to deleting it for space. I still have my valid key from MS, but is there a way to download another copy somewhere since MS has closed the beta? I have a new build I wanted to do some overclocking and testing on while waiting to purchase the new upgrade copy when it hits the shelves.

Am I hosed? Any suggestions? Any testing using XP on this Core i7 build will be a waste due to 4gb memory limit, etc. I hate to have to leave this thing sit for another 3 weeks doing nothing. Gads, what a stupid mistake.

White OSX 10.6.2 / 2GB HyperX / 64GB RunCore / 32GB Kingston SDHC / 0.3Mpx / Samsung TruDirect Slot-load DVD / Iomega eGo 320GB ext HD / BT micro-dongle / MS BT 5000 Mouse / Psyopper Custom Slim Profile Sleeve / XS BBP Hybrid Hampton Bag
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-27-2009, 12:06 PM

MSDN or Technet.

Alienware M11xR2 - Core i5 1.06 - 4 GB - 250 GB HD

Triple Boot Guide - 10v RAM Upgrade Videos - mechdrew's OSX guides
  (#3) Old

Default 09-28-2009, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anguish View Post
MSDN or Technet.
TechNet only has RTM (no RC) and is only available to subscribers. Unfortunately I don't think there's a legit way to get the RC unless someone sends you a burned dvd that they downloaded legitimately. (Of course, there are probably some not-so-legit ways of getting a hold of the RC or even the RTM... but I don't think those can be discussed here.)

-=|| Mini10v | 2GB | 120GB | BT | Win7 Pro | OSX 10.6.2 ||=-
  (#4) Old

Default 10-04-2009, 12:33 AM

didn't various magazines supplied the DVD back in July/Aug?
ask around I'm sure one of your friend still have those mag with the disc somewhere~
heck! I even see old copy lying around at some of small news agency~
  (#5) Old

Default 10-05-2009, 02:44 PM

Just download the Windows 7 Enterprise trial version - this is the full RTM version and is valid for 90 days:

Windows 7 Enterprise| Trial, Evaluation, Test, Deploy

- Simon.

Dell Latitude E6220 | E6230
  (#6) Old

Default 10-05-2009, 04:03 PM

the full versions are available to students for cheap if you're in school- or know someone who is
  (#7) Old

Default 10-06-2009, 01:55 PM

Thanks for the helpful posts everyone. I was able to find a copy and use my key to install. Works really well on the new build. I am now in computer geek nirvana - Mini OSX netbook for travel + Win7/Core i7 desktop for home office = happy nerd with disgruntled wife!

White OSX 10.6.2 / 2GB HyperX / 64GB RunCore / 32GB Kingston SDHC / 0.3Mpx / Samsung TruDirect Slot-load DVD / Iomega eGo 320GB ext HD / BT micro-dongle / MS BT 5000 Mouse / Psyopper Custom Slim Profile Sleeve / XS BBP Hybrid Hampton Bag

Tags
64bit, vista, win xp, windows 7

« Upgrade Windows 7 RC to Final / RTM | Intel Graphics Media Accelerator-hdd space used »