Windows 7 Discussion on Windows 7 and operating it on the Dell Mini series.

(#11) Old
Super Moderator
Default 11-30-2009, 02:05 PM

Here is a direct link to the official Broadcom Bluetooth Software Download page for what appears to be a universal Windows 7 compatable driver all for their Bluetooth devices... integrated & otherwise.

Not sure which actual version it is though... sorry!

Mini 10v - Product (RED) - BIOS A06 - Ubuntu 11.04 - 2GB RAM - 60 GB OCZ Vertex SSD - Bluetooth - Intel 6205 Wi-Fi - WWAN
  (#12) Old
Retired Mini user
Default 11-30-2009, 02:55 PM

Dunno if they fixed it, but the Broadcom driver package from that site didn't install on the Mini 10v running Windows 7 up to a month ago. It would error out.

There are Bluetooth drivers now available on Dell's support site, but I found a big problem with them: I couldn't tether after installing them. My data connections would fail about three seconds after dialing and connecting.

Getting an iPad
  (#13) Old
Super Moderator
Default 11-30-2009, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by WolfKeeper View Post
Dunno if they fixed it, but the Broadcom driver package from that site didn't install on the Mini 10v running Windows 7 up to a month ago. It would error out.
Can confirm was able to install latest WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software v6.2.1.100 driver direct from Broadcom link by doing the following:

Broadcom Driver for HP Bluetooth Adapter - HP Business Support Center

Downloaded and installed the above by extracting sp45987.exe download using Winrar then going under the Win32 folder and dbl click on Inst.exe to install. Reason you have to do this is the SetupBtwDownloadSE.exe installer from Broadcom needs to be able to recognize that the Bluetooth adapter is present and turned on...

Installing bluetooth by HP will require a reboot following install...

Following reboot, dbl click the SetupBtwDownloadSE.exe downloaded from Broadcom. The Broadcom Software Download gui will progress thru until it eventually errors out "This software is not for this system, contact Dell for support.". Close the error box and the dowload gui. Now uninstall the bluetooth by HP software which will require another reboot...

Browse to where the Broadcom installer dumped the setup files for bluetooth... On my system it is under c:\Users\somms\AppData\Local\Temp\BluetoothBTW in bold will be diff for your system...

Now you can upgrade and install the latest WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software v6.2.1.100 by dbl clicking on Inst.exe under BTW_6.2.1.0100\win32\ from the Temp folder!
  (#14) Old
Default 12-02-2009, 01:42 AM

Somms- Thanks a ton. Windows wasn't recognizing that I had Bluetooth installed in my Mini but the first part of your directions worked great. Once I got that done Windows found the drivers and after a reboot it worked and connected to my BT mouse. Looking at the Device Manager, Windows update installed so maybe I'll try later.

-=|| Mini10v | 2GB | 120GB | BT | Win7 Pro | OSX 10.6.2 ||=-
  (#15) Old
Default 01-29-2010, 03:32 PM

Has anyone fixed the problem with the card not being recognised after hibernation with Windows 7?

Dell Latitude E6220 | E6230

« MSI Bluetooth Headset FS310 auto off while pairing | Base System Device missing »