Vista Discussion on running Windows Vista on the Dell Mini

(#1) Old
Default Slow to Start...Dell Inspiron 12..Help - 03-23-2009, 03:42 AM

HI all,

I have Dell Inpspiron 12 laptop which i ordered from local dell store few weeks back.It was working fine untill 2 weeks and now it is very slow to start up.Actually it takes nearly 5 minutes to get in to full speed after it is booted to XP (I have windows XP Professional-32bit).

It stucks for several minutes after loading windows and i can't do nothing.however after 5 minutes it works super fine.I even didn't installed any additional softwares except visual studio 2008 so i wonder what would be the problem.

I hope since you have the model number, no need to list the configurations. What do you all think.what seems to be the problem..? I have recovery disks and used them to restore the system to company state.But then also after some time, problem arises.

Any help...?
  (#2) Old
Angry Re: Slow to Start...Dell Inspiron 12..Help - 04-04-2009, 06:58 AM

Sad that i got no replies yet.However i have solved my problem with an advice from my friend.He gave me a registry cleaner called JV Powertools 2009 and it solved the problem.

I ran a scan and found 31 errors and i fixed them using their tools.

Then i restarted the laptop and now it loads very fast.(nearly about 30 secs). I think JV Powertools has eliminated the unwanted registry files which effects the start up.Its been some time i have used it and so far laptop works super fine.No errors or application conflicts like other registry cleaners.Love it..!

I really thought to tell about it cause i know it will be helpful to someone who has the same problem as mine.
  (#3) Old
Default Re: Slow to Start...Dell Inspiron 12..Help - 04-04-2009, 06:19 PM

Sorry for no responses here...I totally missed this section of the forum. :? But I'm glad you found a good registry cleaner and fixed the slow startup. I used to use RegCleaner when I had XP installed, but they don't have an updated version for Vista. I've also tried CCleaner but that is a little too robust. I'll check out JVPT, in case I need it in the future, thanks!

« Installing Windows Vista on a SD card? | Battery monitor only shows %, not time remaining »