Ubuntu Discussion on Ubuntu on the Dell Inspiron Mini range of netbooks.

(#1) Old
Default UNR 9.04 Bluetooth Audio Issue - 06-07-2009, 07:10 AM

Having trouble and not sure where to go.
I paired my bluetooth headset to Ubuntu Netbook Remix, the device shows connected, but I cannot seem to get audio to play thru the headset.
While the factory installed 8.04 was still present, when pairing the headset an option showed up to auto set the headset as default device, UNR 9.04 is not doing this.
When I go to Preferences > Sound, the entries listed do not include the bluetooth headset.

Looking for someone who can help, i can update this thread with any information needed from my system if the necessary steps are listed.

Something to also note, when I was still running 8.04, videos, music and system sounds would play over the bluetooth headset but games and firefox sound would not. I dont know if that will be an issue with UNR 9.04 yet but I'd like to know what might have fixed that if anyone has a thought.
  (#2) Old
Default 06-08-2009, 06:31 PM

I had really hoped someone on this forum had at least seen my problem or someone Linux familiar would be able to suggestion how to fix this.

As it is I was able to speak with a Linux guru at work and he was able to find the following article that has, so far, helped. I have not completed these steps completely because I do not have internet access on my netbook while at work so I was not able to complete all the steps, but I was able to produce sound on my bluetooth headset with aplay from command line

I hope this helps anyone else having similar issues

« SD and USB drive File Browser opens on return from suspend. | 2100 touchscreen config »