Ubuntu Discussion on Ubuntu on the Dell Inspiron Mini range of netbooks.

(#1) Old
Default Safe to update yet?? - 04-30-2009, 01:05 AM

I encountered all those issues back in January when the 177 updates were downloaded. I was able to fix all issues. Unfortunately, mysql wouldn;t work. A friend found a post that showed me how to roll-back the update just for the mysql update. Since then, everything has been working well. Unfortunately, I haven't updated since then and I've been getting the request to update since i rolled back the mysql item.

I'm not sure what apt command to run that will show me what will be updated. Even if I do that, I doubt i'll know the culprit.
I can post the results here and have the forum braintrust help out

The other option is to upgrade to Ubuntu 9.04 if that will work with mysql, Apache and php - essential programs since I build web sites and apps.
Thanks in advance for your help gang!

Mini 9; 8Gb SSD, 1Gb RAM, BIOS:A04; Ubuntu 8.04
  (#2) Old
Default Re: Safe to update yet?? - 04-30-2009, 05:21 AM

Not too sure I understand what you are doing (web sites). The 9.04 remix runs quite well. I have been running it since release. RC before that. If you're needing a lamp server to do your testing local, why not run xampp? I use it for testing and have had pretty good success. You can even keep it on a stick and blow it away when it completely blows up. I use it for testing CMS packages for customers and have even ran demos for a couple of weeks at a time to let customers get a feel for different packages.

Hers:Pink Mini 9|2GB|8GB SSD|16GB SD|1.3 Cam|v470 BT Mouse|XP Home
Mine:Black Mini 9|2GB|32GB Runcore|32GB SD|1.3 Cam|v470 BT Mouse|Kubuntu 10.10
Future Mods 64GB Runcore - BT Headphones

« Jaunty UNR -vs- Standard (seeking opinions) | Can I change? Differences? »