Ubuntu Discussion on Ubuntu on the Dell Inspiron Mini range of netbooks.

(#1) Old
Default Pidgin problems - 04-18-2009, 04:17 AM

Im using pidgin and i notice it closes on me randomly and crashes sometimes. Is there anyway to fix this?
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator
Send a message via AIM to MoInSTL Send a message via MSN to MoInSTL Send a message via Yahoo to MoInSTL
Default Re: Pidgin problems - 04-18-2009, 05:37 AM

Your best bet is the Pidgin site.

Studio 15 1558| Black Chainlink| i5-520M, |4GB RAM |500 GB HD@7200 |ATI HD 4570, 512K|Backlit|9 Cell|Web Cam|Windows 7 Professional x64
  (#3) Old
Default Re: Pidgin problems - 04-24-2009, 03:20 AM

I have a lot of problems with pidgin on my mini 12. I only use it to chat with MSN messenger friends. I've had very bad experience. Chat session can't last more then 5 min without messages getting lost, or completely blocked. I've been trying to figure out whether it's pidgin, ubuntu, or something else. Is anyone else having these problems? Does anyone have ideas how to diagnose this problem?

Also I think the version on my mini 12 is, the pidgin website is offering 2.5.5. How come the update manager doesn't have the newest version for download? Is it better to wait for update through the update manager? or download from pidgin website directly?

As you can tell, I'm new to linux. Thank for your help.

« Kbuntu 9.04 on Dell Mini 9 Fn Key Problem | I've broken my Dell Desktop (SOLVED) »