Ubuntu Discussion on Ubuntu on the Dell Inspiron Mini range of netbooks.

(#1) Old
Default Ubuntu 8.10 Bluetooth Problem - 02-04-2009, 03:43 AM

I recently installed Ubuntu 8.10 on my Mini. It came with XP installed. I've experienced no problems until now... Apparently it's not recognizing my bluetooth adapter. I don't think this should be a problem, but I had it disabled (in the bios) when I installed Ubuntu. I enabled it in the bios today and, still, nothing is working. I've got a bluetooth mouse. I set my bluetooth icon to only display when an adapter's present. Needless to say, it never displays. I tried telling it to always display. Now the icon is there all the time... but it will not detect any devices. Any ideas as to what's up? Is there any way that I can see what hardware Ubuntu is seeing?

If I can't get this resolved, I'll try reinstalling Ubuntu. If that still doesn't fix it, I'll probably be forced to go back to XP
  (#2) Old
Default Re: Ubuntu 8.10 Bluetooth Problem - 02-04-2009, 08:55 AM

After many hours of piddling and testing, I finally resolved this issue. It turns out that, somehow, bluetooth was disabled in ubuntu automatically. I had to install the "Airplane Mode" app and enable bluetooth with that. Now it works like a charm. I feel kinda dumb for not thinking of that early. Sorry for wasting your time/double posting. Maybe this will help someone else later though lol
  (#3) Old
Default Re: Ubuntu 8.10 Bluetooth Problem - 02-05-2009, 03:53 AM

Zash, never hesitate to double post when you've found an answer. Good work. :mrgreen:

Netbooks -> Mini 9 - 2gb Gskill low latency - Ubuntu 8.04
Asus Eee 701 4g - 1gb - Ubuntu 8.04.1
Desktops -> Phenom Quad @ 2.8 - 16gb - 4x Raptor X in RAID 0 - 2x 4870X2
Brisbane 1.9 @ 2.7 - 4gb - 80gb
Many others, all Linux.

« Dell Mini 12 Ubuntu Restore iso image?? | Problem accessing windows drive w/ 8.10 »