Ubuntu Discussion on Ubuntu on the Dell Inspiron Mini range of netbooks.

(#1) Old
Default Preformed upgrade with manager - now OO is GONE and I cannot reinstall - 05-06-2010, 04:49 PM

I am using Ubuntu Hardy via the Dell Mini 10v

Quite awhile ago I upgraded my OO to the newest lpia version I could find...I cannot recall, but I did it "manually" by adding the launchpad repository etc.

Yesterday I noticed that my update manager was flashing at me and telling me I had updates and so I let it update. Seems to me I got some sort of error message during the updating, but I was multi-tasking and stupidly just clicked OK....Afterwards I noticed that my Open Office would not work...in fact it was almost as if it was uninstalled. It was nowhere to be found.

So, I thought maybe my update got messed up and I ran it again with update manager - no changes.

Okay...reinstall OO. I first tired "Add/Remove" and I got an error as soon as I clicked on the box next to the suite: "This application conflicts with other installed software...conflicting software must be removed...switch to Synaptic"

When I check for install the "openoffice.org suite" I get this:

"Could not mark all packages for installation or upgrade. The following packages have unresolvable dependencies. Make sure all required repositories are added and enabled in the preferences"

And then

Depends: openoffice.org-base but it is not going to be installed
Depends: openoffice.org-calc but it is not going to be installed
Depends: openoffice.org-core but it is not going to be installed

I then tried to check each of these individually and I just continue to get more of the same type of errors with different dependency errors.

Seems that no matter what I do I cannot get Open Office back

I posted this in a different forum category and realized it really was the wrong one...did get some help, but problem remains.

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Following the Instructions offered to Tony Land here:
PPA For OpenOffice.org 3.0.1 For Hardy/Intrepid | Rebel Zero

I was able to revert back to 2.4 (I think I was using 3.0)

Still don't know what happened, but it sounds like the same thing that happened to Tony.
  (#2) Old
Default 05-06-2010, 05:09 PM

I'm glad you got it working.

Mini 9 | Intel 5100 Wifi | Ubuntu 10.04 Netbook
Mini 1012 | SSD | Intel 6200 Wifi | Ubuntu 11.10 64bit

« Ubuntu wireless doesnt work mini 10v | Broadcomm fix in Lucid UNE - TIPS, STICKY? »