Ubuntu Discussion on Ubuntu on the Dell Inspiron Mini range of netbooks.

(#1) Old
Default Mini9 Ubuntu NBR gnome Problem - 03-07-2010, 09:53 PM

I'm not sure exactly how to describe my problem, but basically it is that I have lost functionality on my menu bar in gnome. when I booted up last it came up with some messages that it wasnt able to load some gnome aplets. I made the mistake of saying delete from the startup and now my menu bar has lost about half of its functionatlity. It no longer displays open windows on there or the ubuntu logo to go back to the main launcher interface. I can still navigate with alt+f4 and closing windows but its a pain. Anyone have an idea to get it back?
  (#2) Old
Default 03-08-2010, 12:08 AM

"gconftool-2 –recursive-unset /apps/panel" or "rm -r ~/.gconf/apps/panel" may work by deleting all the panel ("taskbar") configuration data, forcing it to start with the defaults. I'm not sure it'll work, but I'd try it (since I'm not afraid of breaking things ).

A less invasive technique would be to right click on the existing panel (outside current applets), and choose "Add to Panel" to add applets to the panel. You can add the "Window List" applet. If you want another panel, You could also choose "New Panel" from the context menu instead, and add applets there.

Mini 9 | Intel 5100 Wifi | Ubuntu 10.04 Netbook
Mini 1012 | SSD | Intel 6200 Wifi | Ubuntu 11.10 64bit
  (#3) Old
Default 03-08-2010, 12:29 AM

sweet! That worked! Thanks

« Google Chrome and Flash 10 video framerate | Unable to run F-Spot »