Ubuntu Discussion on Ubuntu on the Dell Inspiron Mini range of netbooks.

(#1) Old
Send a message via Yahoo to badaque
Default help me :( :( - 01-11-2010, 03:27 PM

i tried to install ubuntu, but i guess i botched it up..

i hve tried to install windows xp back, using usb...but theres a msg afer installation, saying
"windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem"

please help me as all of my documents are in my mini9 ....purely for offices most essential documents and of course for emailling.

i wouldn't mind if the ubuntu is working, but when i put in the usb, run using usb..it got stuck.

please help me..

mini 9, winxp, 2gb RAM
  (#2) Old
Default possibilities - 01-12-2010, 12:02 AM

I think you may want to try to recover what's on the drive with a utility like Active@ File Recovery Software & Web Service. Data Recovery for Windows XP 2003 2000 98 ...
and try to save it to another external drive if you have one?
I'm sure there is another solution, perhaps you want to try booting back into the one of the os's using super grub disk which you make a bootable cd from (assuming you have another computer since your able to access internet,
here is a copy attached. It has saved my tail a number of times, just be sure you read the instructions if you haven't done this sort of thing before.
And if you are patient enough, wait for some other replies as possible solutions - I'm no pro, but hope this helps you out.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sgd_0.9598.iso.zip (394.1 KB, 2 views)

« Dell Mini 9 with external display freezes sometimes! | Ubuntu Karmic 9.10 NBR with Broadcomm wifi controller - TIPS »