Ubuntu Discussion on Ubuntu on the Dell Inspiron Mini range of netbooks.

(#1) Old
Default Fluendo Questions - 12-06-2008, 09:17 PM

My Mini 9 is on it's way!

That being said, I am 100% sure that I am going to upgrade to 8.10.

During the order process you see the Fluendo logo with the Ubuntu one on the order page. So - I am assuming that Dell preloads some of the Fluendo codecs.

- Which Fluendo package is installed (there are two or so on the Canonical website)?
- Is there anyway of separating this from the base install so I could use it on a 8.10 install (or would I have to purchase it)?

Thanks in advance . . .

Alpine White Mini 9: 16GB RunCore SSD, 2GB RAM, Bluetooth, 1.3 Webcam
  (#2) Old
Default Re: Fluendo Questions - 12-06-2008, 10:21 PM

# dpkg-query -l '*fluendo*'
| Status=Not/Installed/Config-f/Unpacked/Failed-cfg/Half-inst/t-aWait/T-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name                      Version                   Description
un  gstreamer0.10-fluendo-mp3 <none>                    (no description available)
ii  gstreamer0.10-fluendo-plu 0.10.6-1                  Windows Media and MP3 codec support for gstreamer
un  gstreamer0.10-fluendo-plu <none>                    (no description available)
un  gstreamer0.10-fluendo-plu <none>                    (no description available)
Hope that helps. I don't know of any way to recreate an installed .deb file but there were some tips on extracting the codecs other threads I believe...

also, I'd recommend at least trying out the Dell Ubuntu for a while before installing Intrepid, it performs very well and has just about everything you'll need ready to go, I found some odd issues with a clean install of Intrepid i386 on my Mini and wound up switching back to the Dell Ubuntu image with the UNR UI installed on top...

« BIOS A02 Brightness Problem in Ubuntu, Anyone? | New Owner Wanting Ubuntu on MINI 9 »