Ubuntu Discussion on Ubuntu on the Dell Inspiron Mini range of netbooks.

(#1) Old
Default 9.10 beta wont install - 10-07-2009, 12:52 AM

I had the alpha 6 working on my mini but I can not get the beta to install. It just hangs at the white ubunto logo. Anyone else get it to work?
  (#2) Old
Default 10-07-2009, 10:06 AM

I had a similar problem. More then likely your download was bad. It happens, just delete the file and download it again.
  (#3) Old
Default 10-07-2009, 09:44 PM

I tried the torrent download and the regular download and both did the same. Tried booting from cd and usb also.
  (#4) Old
Default 10-10-2009, 08:46 AM

My gf got stuck on that same little logo screen tonight as well, when trying to boot her Mini 9 with a liveUSB she made of the UNR Karmic Beta. She'd checked the MD5 of her download though, so I don't think it's that.

I made my own stick over here and booted a 9 with it successfully. We each used Netbootin (Windows) to make the stick; I did that to try to trace her experience.

Differences were:
* we used different downloads (though like I said, I don't think it's that)
* in the same model of card reader, I used a 1GB MMC from ATP, she used a 16GB SDHC from Transcend
* different hardware: she used some old windows box she says is flaky, i used a Mini 10 running XP
* she formatted her card with Windows' "Quick Format" on; I left it off, in order to do a "real" format.

She'll probably try it again tomorrow, perhaps with UNR Jaunty final though.

Mini 9 (Cherry Red): 2GB HyperX RAM / 16GB SSD / 1.3Mpx cam / Bluetooth / no WWAN
US-INTL keyboard, MOTOROKR S9 (black/red). Mac OS X 10.5.8, NbBM/NbI 0.8.3 RC2, BIOS A04.
16GB Transcend Class 6 SDHCs shared with camera & video players, black/red neoprene case from DX.

Available: 1GB RAM (OEM).
Interested in: Runcore, GPS mods, protective skins.
  (#5) Old
Default 10-12-2009, 04:06 AM

yea this must be a really strange bug it seems only a few people have had issues.
  (#6) Old
Default 10-19-2009, 05:11 AM

It worked fine for me on my 10v. The boot from the USB was very slow though - did you let it boot for a while? Otherwise, it may be a corrupt download you have.

9.10 looks delicious if you get it up and running. I can't wait for the final release!

« m4a skips in Ubuntu but not XP | Mouse erratic in ubuntu »