StreakDroid Android Development forums for

(#1) Old
Default official dell froyo (not AT&T) getting update notification - 03-09-2011, 09:23 PM

So I bought mine on launch day, and after far too long of suffering with 1.6 and waiting, I finally used QLD to go to dells official Froyo release, and I'm quite happy with it.

Because it's my primary phone (and there have apparently been camera issues with some of the new builds DJ_Steve has released) I've kind of held off on moving away from the official rom, not to mention that I don't want to get into upgrade fever and this helps mitigate some of that.

Today though, the phone is notifying me of an available software update.

Now, I assume that it's trying to get me to load the AT&T 2.2 because my baseband isn't really changed?

Phone Reports:

Baseband Version: GAUSB1A131800-US
Kernel Version:
OEM Version: GAUSB1A131800
Build: 12821

I don't mind updating, if dell really has an update for the non-AT&T streaks (which I find doubtful), but I'd prefer not to lose my wifi/tether features as they are very handy on occasion, not to mention I don't want AT&T's crap on here at all).

If it is the AT&T notification is there any way I can nuke it from the notification bar, or is it going to be a permanent nag until it drives me to a custom rom?

I'm quite happy with the phone as is, and would prefer to maintain the status quo.

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

I'm a moron, this shouldn't have gone in the streakdroid subforum, but I wasn't paying attention. Mods feel free to move this to the correct location, my apologies.
  (#2) Old
Default 03-10-2011, 08:00 AM

I got the same notification on my unlocked streak running 2.2 (Im still with AT&T also). Im actually running build 315. Funny thing is I was at a starbucks and tried to update and when it went to the starbucks wifi login page my phone froze (for the first time ever) and when I pulled the battery out and rebooted my phone, I have not been able to get the update anymore and the notification bar is empty. I am assuming it is for the 340 build. I dont know what the differences are, but I didn't even consider it may be the AT&T update which would suck because I do like my hotspot wifi tethering ability too.

Alpine White Mini 9, 2Gb ram, 64Gb Runcore SSD, 1.3MP cam, internal BT module, Dualboot Win7/OSX 10.5.8

Unlocked Streak, Streakdroid v.1.9.0

XPS M1330, 4Gb ram, 320Gb HDD, 128Mb Geforce 8400M GS, Wireless N, internal BT module, Slim and Brite LCD, Windows 7 Ultimate
  (#3) Old
Default 03-11-2011, 04:00 PM

Interestingly enough, right before I saw your post I ended up rebooting my phone to switch batteries, and the notification hasn't returned since. No clue what's going on there.
  (#4) Old
Default 03-13-2011, 12:08 AM

I got the same notifiaction a few times, but I was not on wifi at the time.

once I got to the upgrade area though, there was just the landing page.

dell streak running official dell 2.2

« QDL Tool | Goodies from previous builds. »