StreakDroid Android Development forums for

(#1) Old
Default Installed 1.5.1, how long should boot take - 03-08-2011, 02:41 PM

Hello to all. I just bought a used Streak from a friend yesterday that's never had anything done to it. So, this morning I decided to take the leap and install Steve's system. Well, as far as I know I followed everthing right but I kept getting the "E: Cannot find MISC" message but at the end it still said the install was successful. Well, now I'm rebooting but it's been like 30 minutes and all I see is the DELL logo, is this first boot supposed to take this long?

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 AM ----------

Ok fellas, it has been an hour now, is it really supposed to take this long? Should I try to flash again? Should I go back to the original 1.6 Android O.S? How do I get rid of the "E:Can't find MISC" message?

Thanks guys for any input. I'm trying to be patient here...
  (#2) Old
Default 03-08-2011, 06:27 PM

This sounds like you may be using clockwork mod as your recovery instead streakmod. Try flashing streakmod to your phone and then reflashing the ROM. BTW streakdroid is up to 1.81 now.

Try holding the power button for 15-20 seconds to power down the phone. If that does not work you will have to pull the battery.

Also what version of Android are you starting from? If you are starting from Android 1.6 you will need to use QDLTool to get to Android 2.2

« QDLTool stuck at "Check version ..." | 1.6 too 2.2 »