StreakDroid Android Development forums for

(#1) Old
Default QDL help........yeesh - 12-21-2010, 07:51 PM

Ok so I have the option of 2 machines to try this on.........and I'm going on about 7 hours with no luck with either of them. One is a hella old laptop with Windows XP on it. The other is a newish laptop with 64 bit W7 on it. I originally tried it with the XP machine. I can get the drivers DLed and installed successfully on the XP machine, on the W7 machine is immediately says failed when I try an install. I should preface this with saying that I previously had the Dell PC suite installed on the W7 machine using a different version than what's listed in the streakdroid guide. Then onto plugging in the phone on the XP machine if I do that battery out the volume up/down method it makes the sound as if something is plugged in, however it isn't visible in device manager. Not that is matters since I can't even get the drivers installed on the W7 machine, but it's the same. Makes sound as if something is plugged in, but nothing under device manager. When going through the guides it say's it should fail on install when hooking up the device for the first time........wel nope not on either machine. It installs it correctly as a mass USB storage device. Dammit.

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

Quick update I suppose:

soooooooooo on my work laptop(W7 64 bit machine) if I go to safely remove hardware->open devices and printers with my phone powered off but connected to the laptop it shows under there the correct device listing which is 'Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM' but show's nothing under device the instructions say it should. Is there any way to force that?

there has to be some setting or something that is key that I am missing.

« Bricked/Stuck logo on my son's Christmas present | SMS Message size limit reached »