StreakDroid Android Development forums for

(#11) Old
Send a message via AIM to thepete Send a message via Yahoo to thepete
Default 12-11-2010, 05:19 PM

OK, I wake up 7 hours later and try turning on my White Streak (see my above post)...and it tells me it's out of juice. I plug it in and after a few minutes it powers up normally. It's still got 1.6 on it, but at least I don't feel like I've made a $600 mistake any more (by trying to update the thing to 2.2). Unless I find a foolproof way to update at this point, I'm going to hold off on trying. I've JB'ed my iPhone a dozen times and messed around with all sorts of code. But that doesn't make me DJ Steve, so I think I'm in over my head a little
  (#12) Old
Default 12-22-2010, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Kohawk09 View Post
I had this error as well - follow the instructions here in post 2:
QDL Tool Success!! - Pocketables Forum

You have the incorrect adb drivers installed.
I can't get mine to not show under Android phone. Even if I uninstall and then don't let it reinstall when connected again. It still shows up under android phone with an Error next to Dell Streak.

So I tried to update it with the error to the file you specify in the QDL folder and it shows under android phone as Android Composite ADB Interface after updating it. Still get the error on ADB when running QDL.
  (#13) Old
Default 12-24-2010, 03:42 AM

I'm having the same problem. Tried all the different usb ports on my computer, but no luck. Windows 7 64-bit.
#backup FSBL to DDR success
Run HEX success
ERROR[D14]: Streaming hello Failed!
ERROR: Download fail!
Please remove the battery and try again.
Wait for modem set up ......
Download Fail! - 2010/12/23 22:35:59

Any ideas on how to fix it?
  (#14) Old
Default 01-07-2011, 02:12 PM

I had that start to happen to me when I was working on the QDLTool tutorial. It eventually cleared up - the 3 things that I tried were:

1. Keep switching between USB ports
2. Tried leaving the battery disconnected ( Download and Fastboot mode don't need the battery, they can use the power through the USB cable instead )
3. Leave the Streak completely disconnected for longer during attempts. I'd usually wait between 1 - 3 minutes.
  (#15) Old
Default 01-12-2011, 05:20 PM

One way that has been successful for me, is: 1.) Turn off the phone, 2.) hold the Vol up button (far left if landscape) while plugging in the USB cable. Do NOT turn on the phone. 3.) Open the QDL Tool and it will see the Modem and will run providing you installed the correct modem drivers. I am running it from Windows XP. Windows 7 and Vista may work the same way but can't confirm as of yet.

« Theme change | update questions »