StreakDroid Android Development forums for

(#11) Old
Default 10-11-2010, 08:00 AM

Sometimes, problems with battery, exemple :

Saturday evening, go bed with +/- 50% Battery, listen music +/- 1H, fly mode activated, wake up with +/- 40% battery, so just fine.

Yesterday, same situation, start with +/-40% battery, 1H music, morning battery dead, 0%.
  (#12) Old
Default 10-11-2010, 09:25 PM

im always getting this force close: "the application package checker (process com.oem.pakagechecker) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again" .......seems im the only one with this problem.

1 ) I'm facing this problem 2 ...... Updated from 2.1 beta using fastboot , occasionally ( 50% ) facing this issue when i restart the phone . . . . Even got the new built installed .

2 ) Battery life is kinda crazy , yesterday was fine .... whole day usage and i dropped like 40% .... Today , 10 mins of call , 15 mins web surfing and around 20 sms ... I was down to 14% not even 6 hours after a full charge ..

3 ) As mentioned in earlier posts , Swype cant b uninstall and cant be use

Besides these 3 issues , everything is working fine . Not sure if its a bug or did i install any apps that is clashing with this as I didnt face any of such issues in 2.1

*sorry for the poor english*
  (#13) Old
Default tethering - 10-13-2010, 07:48 PM

One biggie is tethering. Neither the froyo tool nor Barnacle will work. Barnacle *seems* to be working if you just start the program, but when you actually try to connect to the hotspot it's not there.

Awesomeness in all other regards with me so far.

EDIT - Ignore my demented raving. Have found a tool that works. Google "wireless_tether" and install the newest version you find there. Happy days.
  (#14) Old
Default 10-18-2010, 06:53 PM

I was very happy with V.2 and swore to myself I would not flash a new version until CM6 was released, but after V.3 and V1 were posted I could not watch and wait any longer. Battery on V1 seems to be very erratic. When to bed at 3am full charge and woke at 9am dead for the second day in a row. This is after disabling live wallpapers and weather apps.

3 days now

Dell Streak
Las Vegas
  (#15) Old
Default wallpaper - 10-19-2010, 11:34 AM

anybody found a fix for the wallpaper yet ?? getting the same on some live wallpapers as well

But love this build and it is so quick !!
  (#16) Old
Default 10-20-2010, 04:45 PM

I'm on release v1.0 However, in the v0.2 and v0.3 builds, I had the same issue.

Intermittent force close of process

Usually restarts within 30 seconds. I have only seen it happen during phone calls. I've not noticed it happening while I was performing other activities on my Streak.

My streak is a AWS variant. If there is any other information I can provide or logs that would help, let me know.
  (#17) Old
Default 10-21-2010, 11:44 AM

The flickering WiFi signal from Signal Strength% to 100% also seems to have an effect on the screen responsiveness. Ranging from sluggish to unusable.

When WiFi is switched off then the screen seems to behave as normal.

Auto screen rotation seems to be better with WiFi off too.

I have installed the How to Fix Wi-Fi Connectivity Problems

It makes no difference in this instance but then this patch is for a different issue which I haven’t had anyway but thought I would give it a go just to see.

I shall continue to observe this and report back with any updates.
  (#18) Old
Default 10-22-2010, 07:02 AM

On 2.1 my streak connected to my router with no problems I've change nothing on my router but since I have upgraded to 2.2 v1 my streak cannot find my router but yet it can find other routers in the area any ideas.

Edit:I seem to have sorted my problem I have changed from channel 12 to channel 11 on my router and now my streak can pick up my router and connect on WPA/WPA2 PSK security.
  (#19) Old
Default 10-27-2010, 08:01 AM

Layout of the stock music player seems to be for a much smaller screen. Useable, but ugly. :-)

App related, so not really 2.2, but different to 2.1 behaviour; The standard facebook app is still not syncing contacts and disappears from the "accounts" list. Skype crashes out anytime I try to select "My Info" or make a call.
  (#20) Old
Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default 11-18-2010, 07:41 PM

I am currently unable to set any of the ringtones/notifications. As soon as I select the screen goes black (can't even preview them) and it hasnt change anything.

Please do not send me support requests via PM.

« How to Fix Wi-Fi Connectivity Problems | nandroid restore to 1.6 from streakdroid froyo? »