Dell Inspiron Duo Forum for discussion on the netbook/tablet hybrid by Dell, the Inspiron Duo.

(#11) Old

Default 02-27-2011, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyfire View Post
I did the instant upgrade thing to Win 7 Pro. Duo Station doesn't work for me either. Anyone figure out how to make it work?

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

@jonstr - how did you get Oragami to install? When I run the installer it says it's only for tablet PC's running Vista and exits.
Edit: Nevermind, there's 2 versions. Anyone trying this, make sure you download V2.
FWIW I've since given up on Origami too. I like the idea but, since dev has stopped on it, there are virtually no tiles out there other than what it comes with. The machine was a little sluggish with it installed, and I decided the overhead wasn't worth the benefit.
  (#12) Old

Send a message via Yahoo to pappyfire
Default 02-28-2011, 12:32 AM

I thought I would try one last time to get the duo station working and made things worse. Since duo station uses duo stage, I thought maybe when I upgraded to Win7 Pro, something in Stage was messed up. So, I uninstalled stage, downloaded it from My Dell Downloads and reinstalled it. Now when stage starts, there are no tiles at all, just an empty desktop. Reinstalling all of the various parts (paint, music, photos, etc.) didn't help. I cannot find anywhere to readd the tiles back in. Oh well........

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

I'm thinking about doing a restore back to original. I really don't need Win7 Pro, just had an extra upgrade and thought I'd use it. On the other hand, getting the stage stuff back isn't really worth the effort of a reload.
  (#13) Old
Expert Member

Default 02-28-2011, 10:22 AM

Tough call on that one.

Personally, I didn't see much utility in that stuff, although it's slick looking.

After my re-install I was happy enough just to get the hardware working in a predictable manner, but I'm pretty sure that's just a matter of refining my re-install queue.

There is a part of me that also wouldn't mind seeing that stuff working again, so please continue sharing your experiences getting this working again, if you can.

Best of luck.

Inspiron Duo: Win7 Pro 32-Bit, Intel 6200 Wifi Upgrade
Former Inspiron Mini 9 Owner, Modder, Enthusiast
  (#14) Old

Default 04-20-2011, 04:30 AM

Hi,
Please can some one provide me with a link to the Duo stage file that needs to be downloaded from the My download website.? My Service Tag is not showing on the Dell site and all i get is " Examining your computer please wait ...... " when the service tag scanning utility runs.

failing a link , filename might be ideal so that i can ask dell support to email me the file

cheers
  (#15) Old

Default 04-20-2011, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooa99 View Post
Hi,
Please can some one provide me with a link to the Duo stage file that needs to be downloaded from the My download website.? My Service Tag is not showing on the Dell site and all i get is " Examining your computer please wait ...... " when the service tag scanning utility runs.

failing a link , filename might be ideal so that i can ask dell support to email me the file

cheers
I got to the download in the end
  (#16) Old

Default 04-21-2011, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooa99 View Post
I got to the download in the end
Can you post it? I'm sure someone down the road will be reading this thread and will be looking for it.
  (#17) Old

Default 04-24-2011, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Can you post it? I'm sure someone down the road will be reading this thread and will be looking for it.

i used the same link provided by cms
i.e. http://downloadstore.dell.com/media

if using you service tag does not wok then let the site scan you duo pc(which is what worked for me)

cooa99