Dell Streak Forum for discussion on Dells 5'' android tablet, the Dell Streak

(#1) Old

Question Media Volume - 02-24-2011, 09:54 PM

I note that the 10 in it's forum has the same "problem" as the Streak, in that media volume even at maximum volume, is less than satisfactory.

I thought it might be the V-Moda earphones I have been using needing extra power to drive them, but again trying the earphones that came with the device, made no difference.

So, if converting movies to MP4, one needs to go to the software profile to set the volume to the highest level of volume it offers, and even that doesn't provide volume you would back off on the device.

So, the output of the device is not as good as the Archos 5, or Cowon O2.
  (#2) Old

Default 02-28-2011, 10:19 AM

I have since discovered there are apps available to increase media volume. As I recall, one might be called "Audio Booster".

Here is a link to a few possibilities -

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

Last edited by Australian; 03-21-2011 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Link added
  (#3) Old

Unhappy Media Volume - 03-21-2011, 07:02 AM

The odd thing is, if I listen to live TV Al Jazeera news, from Doha, I actually have to back down the volume when using headphones.

Can't remember the volume of the VCDs that I download after conversion to Mp4. I think they are OK. And I don't use Magic DVD Ripper for their transition.

It is movies downloaded from my own DVDs converted by Magic DVD Ripper that have the low volume.

On their profile I increased the audio x 6, but that didn't improve the situation, - in fact the reverse.

It is as though the Streak fights back - to perhaps save you from going deaf ????

Now, I am beginning to wonder if Magic DVD Ripper is the problem.
  (#4) Old

Red face Media Volume - 04-06-2011, 06:14 AM

I felt that as it is DVD movies that have quite low volumes, it might have been the Ripper I use.

But this isn't the case, as I downloaded the same movie from the one download to the hard drive onto a Cowon O2, Archos 5 and the Streak.

I had to re-convert to AVI for the Archos 5 and the Cowon O2, - but their volumes are just what I would hope for.

The Archos 5 is also Android. So, I can't say this is an android problem, it seems to be a Dell Streak problem or an MPEG4 problem, that it uses.

YouTube videos, streaming TV etc have loud enough volume, one needs to reduce.
  (#5) Old

Default 04-07-2011, 09:38 PM

Nearly deafened by the same movie on the Cowon O2 , nearly had to quickly pull the earphones.
  (#6) Old

Default 04-08-2011, 08:59 PM

i too am very disapointed with the volume out on the streak. i have yet to plug it into my trucks stereo via usb to test the qualit. i have been hoping to replace my ipod touch with the streak but i have yet to find an app that allows me to manage music like itunes. i also hoped to replace my ipad with the streak but that is a no go since there is no netflix available. i have really high hope for the strak in my truck as a all in one music streaming, computer programing, gps device so wish me luck. ill probably take the dash out tomorrow to test it out

StreakDroid FTW

(#7) Old

Red face Media Volume - 04-09-2011, 03:35 AM

There are a couple of apps. which might work, that might increase volume.

One is for rooted devices (I presume the Streak is?).

The other isn't.

I would have tried the one that isn't, but both require payment and I am reluctant to quote card numbers over a phone.

We do have Visa cards here at the Post Office, and you can allocate an amount to it at the Post Office, which seems a good idea. But there is also a monthly fee of $2 and I wondered if & when that ended, if you discontinue using the card.

Otherwise I might try Amazon, as I have an account there.
  (#8) Old

Default 05-31-2011, 08:10 AM

Is there an equalizer that is available for the Streak?? Sound can be increased either by converting a specific ringtone or song with the bitrate being kept on a mono sound with 64 or 128 kbps as the speed frequency range.. I always used to keep it that way with all true tone phones... pl suggest if theres any equalizer available for the Dell Streak 2.2.3! thanx!!
  (#9) Old

Default 06-10-2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oklahemi View Post
i also hoped to replace my ipad with the streak but that is a no go since there is no netflix available.
FYI you can now sideload Netflix onto the Streak. Google/search on the terms netflix apk sideload to find the file.
  (#10) Old

Red face Media Volume - Netflix App. - 06-12-2011, 11:12 PM

Netflix got mentioned as a "by the way" issue under this thread.

There is an official "Netflix" App.

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

I noticed "Payas33" asked about an equalizer for the Streak.

So far as I know, unlike Cowon video players, it doesn't have one.

But on the Market there are a lot of Apps. available .....

https://market.android.com/search?q=...rs&so=1&c=apps

Tags
inadequate volume, media volume, volume