Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Dell mini 10v has blank screen - 05-31-2014, 02:46 PM

I was updating my win 7 OS to service pack1 the other day and as it was installing i left for a few hours.

When i came back the screen was blank so i touch the mouse pad to bring it back on.

Nothing still blank so i press the power button to turn it off.

Power on now and still blank screen, power off and power on again but pressing F12 so i can get in bios and boot up via usb which i have linux on flash drive.

Nothing just blank screen, Every key from F2 etc don,t get me into Bios.

Botton line is i have a broken Dell mini 10v with a blank screen and no bios access.

i suspect i need to reset bios but would need to get at the cmos battery to remove it and from my research i would need to take apart the computer, would like to avoid doing it at all cost.

Can anyone help me get into bios so i can boot up via flash drive to linux and also restore my win 7 OS prior to current update or reset to factory setting.

Anything as long as i can boot back up and use the computer.

Thanks in advance for any help.
  (#2) Old
Administrator

Default 05-31-2014, 04:05 PM

Removing the battery won't reset the BIOS. When you power on does ANYTHING appear on the screen? Dell logo?

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#3) Old

Default 06-02-2014, 04:53 PM

no, i do not get the dell logo, if i did i think F12 would work and i can get to bios.

Like i say totally blank screen.
  (#4) Old
Administrator

Default 06-04-2014, 12:02 AM

Ok, serious problem then. Maybe hardware. You could try a BIOS restore, no guarantees.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#5) Old

Default 06-04-2014, 11:32 AM

If you are getting the indicator light on the keyboard, is it possible that it is just the LCD screen on the Mini 10? While I think this is pretty remote, try attaching an external monitor & power it up. However, I think Steve is correct & would be shopping for a replacement.

| Dell Mini 10v | Linux Lite |

Last edited by lswartz; 06-04-2014 at 11:34 AM.
  (#6) Old

Default 06-04-2014, 01:45 PM

I'll try the bios restore once i get a external floopy drive,
and let you know , i hope that is the case.

Oh, i forgot to mention when i press the power button i hear a click sound but like i say nothing happen except blank screen.

Thanks for the info
  (#7) Old

Default 08-30-2014, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by user987 View Post
I was updating my win 7 OS to service pack1 the other day and as it was installing i left for a few hours.

When i came back the screen was blank so i touch the mouse pad to bring it back on.

Nothing still blank so i press the power button to turn it off.

Power on now and still blank screen, power off and power on again but pressing F12 so i can get in bios and boot up via usb which i have linux on flash drive.

Nothing just blank screen, Every key from F2 etc don,t get me into Bios.

Botton line is i have a broken Dell mini 10v with a blank screen and no bios access.

i suspect i need to reset bios but would need to get at the cmos battery to remove it and from my research i would need to take apart the computer, would like to avoid doing it at all cost.

Can anyone help me get into bios so i can boot up via flash drive to linux and also restore my win 7 OS prior to current update or reset to factory setting.

Anything as long as i can boot back up and use the computer.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Any luck? Am in same situation.