General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#101) Old

Default 11-22-2009, 12:09 PM

Finally, I was able to install Snow Leopard. The boot time was very slow... maybe because I'm running it from my external usb hdd. (and slower processor.. only 1.3GHz)

Not working:

- Trackpad
- Sound

I used darylzero's files except the dsdt.aml and SleepEnabler.kext. Any ideas how to fix these?

EDIT:
I'm thinking to create my own dsdt.aml file. Will that help in fixing these problems? (Sleep and Video can come later haha)

EDIT2:
Created my own dsdt.aml file... it boots faster and my wifi and lan are now detected after installing drivers LAN and using the broadcom script. And my hdd is now detected for some reason... still no sound and trackpad doesnt work.
  (#102) Old

Default 11-23-2009, 06:35 AM

@mrkcee: How do you create the dsdt.aml file? and how did you load it on Dell?

My trackpad works perfect, even two finger scrolling. Rest of the problems I have as well (No WIFI, No LAN, No Sound and resolution @800x600). I have the standard screen Mini10, what about you? I'm thinking that might be the difference between the peeps that got all out of the box, and us....

Gadget Junk
  (#103) Old

Default 11-23-2009, 10:57 AM

@joeltje

I used a windows port of iasl and I think it extracted the dsdt from the registry. If you can boot to OSX, there's also DSDT Patcher (just google it). After you got your dsdt, edit it and fix the RTC (again just google it). Compile it using iasl and put it in the root of directory of your OSX installation. Yeah, some things didn't work out of the box.

You still don't have LAN and WiFi? For the LAN, just download the drivers from the Realtek site. For the wifi, just get the broadcom script: bcm43xx_enabler.sh. For the resolution, i have 1024x768. (worked, didn't do anything)

I still don't have sound and trackpad. What trackpad driver are you using?

Dell Mini 10: Snow Leopard 10.6.1 | BIOS: A11
  (#104) Old

Default 11-23-2009, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkcee View Post
@joeltje

I used a windows port of iasl and I think it extracted the dsdt from the registry. If you can boot to OSX, there's also DSDT Patcher (just google it). After you got your dsdt, edit it and fix the RTC (again just google it). Compile it using iasl and put it in the root of directory of your OSX installation. Yeah, some things didn't work out of the box.

You still don't have LAN and WiFi? For the LAN, just download the drivers from the Realtek site. For the wifi, just get the broadcom script: bcm43xx_enabler.sh. For the resolution, i have 1024x768. (worked, didn't do anything)

I still don't have sound and trackpad. What trackpad driver are you using?
Thanks, I'll use the DSDT patcher from these guys: DSDT gui patcher from PCWIZ | iHackintosh (as I'm no terminal lover...)

The script should be okay, I'll give that a shot tonight... Lan drivers are allready installed, but it still won't connect to anything. Probably run the script, and reinstall the drivers will make it work.

How do I see what driver I'm using? My tp worked out of the box...

Gadget Junk
  (#105) Old

Default 11-23-2009, 02:03 PM

@joeltje

What kexts did you use? I already tried VoodooPS2 (from darylzero) and ApplePS2 but still no trackpad... I also used VoodooHDA but still no sound.

(#106) Old

Default 11-23-2009, 05:28 PM

I used the files from Daryzero in http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/gene...tml#post118486

Almost of to home, will update in a couple of hours on the progress
Hopefully

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

Hah!! WiFi Works! sound still doesn't, anyone a solution for that yet?

and for resolution, ResX doesn't give me the correct settings even... It tells me "unknown Screen"....
[posted from Dell Mini10, running OSX 10.6]

Gadget Junk
  (#107) Old

Default 11-23-2009, 07:08 PM

Weird... OSX can recognize my internal harddrive only when it is not shut down properly. (When this happens, it boots very slowly... will be stuck at "Waiting for DSMOS..." for around 5-6 minutes.)

still no trackpad and sound...

@darylzero
What DSDT patches have you applied other than the RTC fix?

(#108) Old

Default 11-23-2009, 07:31 PM

i dont think we aqre going to get correct resolution until a gma 500 driver or somethin is available! i hope to be pleasently surprised!
okay going to try patch the dsdt file see if that fixes the 800x600 resolution problem!its the only obstacle left in os x glory!
  (#109) Old

Default 11-24-2009, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamtj09 View Post
i dont think we aqre going to get correct resolution until a gma 500 driver or somethin is available! i hope to be pleasently surprised!
okay going to try patch the dsdt file see if that fixes the 800x600 resolution problem!its the only obstacle left in os x glory!
Adam, that implies you have everything else working, incl. sound?
If correct, what drivers are you using? can you post the .kext files for audio, or direct us to them?

On the resolution, the display itself is not recognized, and that's why I can't get other resolutions. Or is that due to lack of driver for the videocard?

Gadget Junk
  (#110) Old

Arrow Initial How-To - 11-24-2009, 11:43 AM

As promissed, I've started a How-To, can you please check and give comments? It's still initial, and I still need to include some screenshot I guess...

What you need:
1. USB Hard-disk
2. Mouse, either usb or Bluetooth!
3. Chameleon 2 RC3 with installer
4. files from DarylZero ( http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/gene...tml#post118486 ) remove the file "sleepenabler.kext" from the \extra folder
5. OSX Snow Leopard Install DVD (Buy one!!!!)
6. DSDT-Patcher ( DSDT gui patcher from PCWIZ | iHackintosh )
7. Script bcm43xx_enabler.sh (google it, no direct link on hand)
8. Superduper ( SuperDuper! )
9. Kexthelper b7 (http://cheetha.net/)
10. Driver for the LAN Network-Card Realtek "RTL8102EL LAN" (Realtek or google)

Preparation:
1. connect the USB Hard Disk to you Mac
2. On your Mac Computer, open diskutility
3. Select the external Harddisk (The disk, not any of the partitions on the disk)
4. Go to Partition, create 2 partitions (1 minimum 8 gyg called "Install" and 1 larger called "OSXDell"). Make sure that you partition them as "GUID" in options, and format to HFS+
5. Now you will see two partittions in diskutility.
6. mount the SnowLeopard install DVD, it should also show in diskutility
7. Select the partition "install" of your externall Harddisk, and click recover
8. Select the SnowLeopard install DVD as source, and select partition "install" as target.
9. click recover (this takes time!)
10. When done, the external recovery of the SnowLeopard install DVD should mount.
11. Double click on the Chameleon installer.
12. install Chameleon on both the partitions on your external HD. Be carefull, and make sure you do not install on your Mac's Harddisk!!!
13. Copy the files (all except "sleepenabler.kext") to both partitions:
/boot
/DSDT.aml
/Extra
14. unmount harddisk from you Mac.
15. On you Dell Mini10, create a partition for SnowLeopard, preferably Journaled.

Install Step 1:
1. Connect usb to your Mini10
2. Turn Mini10 on, on logo screen press F12, to select the USB disk to boot from
3. after Chameleon loads, you'll have a couple of seconds to press enter to see more options. select disk SnowLeopard install DVD and press enter.
4. Now the install dvd should start, it runs like regular OSX installer. once you can select the disk to mount to, select the second partition on the external Harddisk "OSXDell"
5. Installation starts (This takes time!!) After Reboot, again, press F12 on Dell Logo, hit the enter on time, and now select the "OSXDell" to boot from.
6. The system should now boot from the freshly installed SnowLeopard on your External Harddisk. You'll need to go through the initial set-up of OSX.
7. When that's done, check if in disk utility you can see the internal harddisk of your Mini10. If so, check that it is partitoned to journaled. If not, do that.
8. open Superduper, and copy the complete "OSXDell" to your internal Mini10 partition. (again, this takes time!)
9. Now install Chameleon to the internal Mini10 Disk, to which you copied "OSXDell". When done, restart Mini10, remove USB Disk and let it boot from harddisk.
10. Chameleon should now start. It should automatically select the partition you copied your "OSXDell" to, if not, press enter to see more options, and select your OSX partition
11. Your Mini10 should now boot to OSX.

Install Step 2:
1. When running in OSX, connect USB Disk to Dell Mini10, this should open the SnowLeopard install DVD
2. Open Kexthelper b7
3. drag all .kext files from folder /extra on your "SnowLeopard install DVD" in the Kexthelper, enter your password and hit "easy install"
4. when done, disconnect USB and reboot. (this takes a long time, do not shut down manually. I had to wait over 20 minutes for OSX to actually shut down!)
5. It should again reboot to you OSX partition on your Mini10 through Chameleon
6. when in OSX, start DSDT-Patcher. Select Darwin/OSX as operating system, and select the partition that has OSX installed. Click "Run".
7. When done, reboot again.
8. Back in OSX, open terminal, and type "sudo " (including space at the end, excluding " ). drag the bcm43xx_enabler.sh file in the terminal and hit enter. follow instructions in the terimanl (if you want to be quick, just hit enter 4 times)
9. Reboot when this is done.
10. install the Driver for the LAN Network-Card Realtek "RTL8102EL LAN"
11. when done, reboot.

That should be it... 2 things that I still have not been able to fix are:
  • the screen resolution (I'm on a standard screen Mini10, and only get 800x600)
  • sound is not working form me...
Addition for sound
Fix sound, by removing AppleHDA.kext from /system/library/extensions (create a backup!), the install VoodooHDA.kext (goole it!)

A special thanks to 4 members here, for the time invested in this:

addition to screen resolution fix:
Check this post for updated boot:
http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/gene...tml#post123531

darylzero
adamtj09
meklort
mrkcee
absolutely no thanks to me, I just followed their lead

Gadget Junk