General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old

Default Type11 v7.5 ISO Posted Please Help Test! [BETA] - 01-02-2009, 08:44 PM

hey all, I feel pretty good about the 7.5 iso but since it was a complete rewrite basically I would like some feedback before I make it the preferred 10.5.6 method.

Here are the changes
1. New UI using Cocoa. This should streamline the process and just plain looks better. Also since it is a proper app now I think some of the old issue of the script freezing for people will go away. i hope anyway. As always let me know if you like it or hate it!
2. Will generate a DSDT.aml for your machine and not a canned one. this seemed to be the biggest problem with 7.1 it appears there was some component variance on the machines so one aml file would not fit all. This lead to either choppy audio or no battery meter. I took fassl's excellent DSDT patcher app and stripped out the interactivity and hard coded the options we wanted so it does not require entering anything and then I move the resultant aml file to the EFI part. NOTE: If you have an existing aml file it must be removed and restarted before creating a new one. the MiniScript app will look for this file and ask you if you want to remove it and restart if it finds it. At least do this once with 7.5 onward.
3. Added option for remote cd and removing hibernate file

***PLEASE DO NEW INSTALL OPTION FIRST RUN OF 7.5 TO GENERATE NEW DSDT.aml***

Know Issues:
1. Audio not coming back after sleep
2. SD cards not remounting after sleep
3. For some reason I don't thgink remote cd is working for me, I was given these values to set in a forum post
defaults write com.apple.NetworkBrowser EnableODiskBrowsing -bool true
defaults write com.apple.NetworkBrowser ODSSupported -bool true
I check them and they are set afterwards but no remote cd even though my mb air sees it. Any ideas welcome.

What I tested:
1. I did a full re-install of OS X and ran mini script with new install and all options except 2finger and quiet boot. Worked like it used to and DSDT.aml file was created correctly.
2. Re-ran miniscript on already setup system with the same above options and everything worked as well. (correctly detected existing DSDT.aml file and asked if I wanted to replace.

***ONE MORE THING TO NOTE IF AN ERROR DOES HAPPEN MAKE SURE AND RUN sudo umount -f /Volumes/EFI AFTERWARDS TO MAKE SURE THAT FS IS UNMOUNTED CLEANLY!****

What I need help with:
1. You can see in the UI I added an image (just a holder now). I would like somebody to whip up a cool logo with the mini9 and os x logos put together. I will add the one everyone likes the best.
2. I would like an icon for the MiniScript app. You can use Icon factory (think that is the name) to help you make all the sizes etc. Again whichever one people like best will be added.

Hope you like the changes! And Finally the link

http://www.mediafire.com/?wjotji5hnwy
  (#2) Old

Default Re: Type11 v7.5 ISO Posted Please Help Test! [BETA] - 01-02-2009, 08:49 PM

Woo hoo.. bye windows 7.. testing now
  (#3) Old

Send a message via AIM to KevinV
Default Re: Type11 v7.5 ISO Posted Please Help Test! [BETA] - 01-02-2009, 09:32 PM

I'll try to test it in a bit. Just wanted to say thank you for all the work that's gone into this!

-Kevin

Obsidian Black w/Bluetooth and Camera
Currently running: Type11v7.5 OSX 10.5.6
  (#4) Old

Send a message via AIM to The Architect
Default Re: Type11 v7.5 ISO Posted Please Help Test! [BETA] - 01-02-2009, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinV
I'll try to test it in a bit. Just wanted to say thank you for all the work that's gone into this!

-Kevin
I second the motion! I have not even received my mini, yet; and I appreciate all the work that you have done to get OSX on it.

**edited for spelling

Black Mini9, 1.3MP WebCam, 64GB RunCore SSD, OS X 10.5.6 via Type11 7.7
Now With not one... but TWO gigs of ram!
BT Coming Soon
Aluminum iMac 2GHz, 2gig, 10.5.6
  (#5) Old

Default Re: Type11 v7.5 ISO Posted Please Help Test! [BETA] - 01-02-2009, 10:19 PM

Ran the gui with the quiet boot, restore pref pane and disable hibernate and got

Applescript error molunt_hfs: invalid argument (1)

The GUI stays up, but doesn't appear to do anything. I click install again and get the same error.. over and over..
  (#6) Old

Default Re: Type11 v7.5 ISO Posted Please Help Test! [BETA] - 01-02-2009, 10:36 PM

All worked perfectly here. Removed DSDT file and rebooted instantly with battery indicator working, New install with the miniscript all options activated except finger scrolling and restarted without problem and all worked fine except known issues. I haven't tried the remote cd yet.

Nice interface, and all getting even better for moments. VERY VERY NICE
  (#7) Old
Expert Member

Default Re: Type11 v7.5 ISO Posted Please Help Test! [BETA] - 01-02-2009, 10:44 PM

Same here,

The New Install option worked just fine. One request would be to be more descriptive about what is going on behind the scene... that 1 minute to do all the fixing appear to take forever and I was getting worried that thing had hung.

So maybe providing an output screen with messages about what is being done at every step would help...

An possibly a completion screen where you could list all that was selected and provide a success indicator. i know, if you get to the Reboot prompt it mean all is good, but for general users who might not know a "success" message might be reconforting ;-)

Great work Type11

Cheers

Dell Mini 9
8GB SSD, 1GB RAM
OS X 10.5.6
  (#8) Old

Send a message via AIM to KevinV
Default Re: Type11 v7.5 ISO Posted Please Help Test! [BETA] - 01-02-2009, 10:56 PM

Existing install: 10.5.6 with v6. (bluetooth/camera mini9)

Downloaded 7.5 and mounted install.dmg. Ran Miniscript:

- Deleted the DSDT file, rebooted.
- reran miniscript, installed with quiet, replace keyboard prefs, and delete hibernation.

Sleep via clamshell works! (minus audio after wake)
I have a 4G SDHC card that seems to be working (if it's in when i sleep, it wakes, but the mouse is nonresponsive).

But, I've lost my bluetooth. Bluetooth is grayed out in the panel. Under sys prefs, it says "Name not available" next to the bluetooth icon.

Obsidian Black w/Bluetooth and Camera
Currently running: Type11v7.5 OSX 10.5.6
  (#9) Old

Default Re: Type11 v7.5 ISO Posted Please Help Test! [BETA] - 01-02-2009, 11:04 PM

I wonder what makes mine so different that the GUI won't even run..
  (#10) Old
Expert Member

Default Re: Type11 v7.5 ISO Posted Please Help Test! [BETA] - 01-02-2009, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipside
I wonder what makes mine so different that the GUI won't even run..
Have you done some heavy trimming to fit in a 8GB SSD? A possibility something was removed that is required for the GUI?

Dell Mini 9
8GB SSD, 1GB RAM
OS X 10.5.6