Dell Streak Apps Discussion on Android apps and games on the Dell Streak go here.

(#1) Old

Thumbs up Bluepoint Antivirus - 08-09-2011, 09:37 PM

I finally gave Webroot Security the flick, due to the problems it has caused me.

The features are good, but you never know when it will lock up your phone for no accountable reason.

I replaced it with "BluePoint Antivirus" - the free version.

Using the latest cloud technology, this antivirus not only scans apps in real time, but uniquely, it can also scan all the files in your phone.

So, first time I ran it, it checked out about 2,100 plus files for viruses, and I presume Malware.

When you boot up, it scans your apps. And on the paid version, it can be set to do a full scan when your phone recharges.

Very well reviewed by users, and I now have it, along with "Bitdefender" and "Anti Virus Free".

So here is a link to Bluepoint ..... https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

Web article http://www.bluepointsecurity.com/pre...leedition.aspx

Last edited by Australian; 08-09-2011 at 11:47 PM.
  (#2) Old

Red face Bluepoint Anti Virus - 08-10-2011, 09:41 PM

I forgot to say that Bluepoint also checks the phones whole operating system, and when you download images etc. - it checks them before they proceed.

Today I had two unfortunate instances of Al Jazeera freezing whilst viewing in the bus.

Both times I had to force close the device, holding down the power button for many minutes each time.

Don't know whether that is because of Bluepoint, - but no other problems with anyting else.

But those instances didn't make "Dell" look great to the person sitting next to me.

Tags
antivirus, bluepoint, bluepoint anti virus