General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#311) Old

Default 09-15-2010, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midvale View Post
Both my MacBook and iPod Touch connect with WPA2 Personal. I tried to duplicate the settings in the MacBook to no avail. I even typed in the DNS Servers and Search Domains which I never had to enter manually before, still no go. Today I downloaded and installed another IO80211Family.kext from another site in case the original one was corrupted, but I still have no connection.

---------- Post added at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 AM ----------

I used Kext Utility to install the kext; very easy to use. And now that I think about it, my battery light used to cycle on and off when I closed the lid but now it doesn't seem to, and before I'd hear what I'm guessing is the drive head parking itself, but that doesn't happen, either. So maybe it's only my display that's gone to sleep, not the Dell itself
I'm having that same self assigned IP issue when connecting to WPA2 networks, however I can connect to WEP networks just fine. So it seems to be something with WPA2. I haven't tried deleting Networkinterfaces.plist yet, I'll give that a go and post the results.
  (#312) Old

Default HDD password - 09-15-2010, 03:47 AM

I've been using my dell 1012 hackintosh for the last few months and it has worked great.

today I tried to start up and before it got to macosx it asked for my hdd password....

not sure what that means...?
  (#313) Old

Default 09-15-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theobear View Post
I've been using my dell 1012 hackintosh for the last few months and it has worked great.

today I tried to start up and before it got to macosx it asked for my hdd password....

not sure what that means...?
you can remove the password by press F2 on startup..

---------- Post added at 02:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by osx View Post
Finally I have successfully installed Snow Leopard 10.6 on my Dell Mini 10v....took me almost a week(including work hours) to install most of the time I was reading about different methods to install SL without mac. When I first saw the SL welcome screen I was so excited ....I felt the same way when I installed and saw the window of softICE way back in 2000.

I think all the complexities of installing Snow Leopard what makes this hackentoshing experience so interesting.
your case same with me..

i already use dellmini 10v mac os x about 5 month..very satisfy
  (#314) Old

Default 09-15-2010, 09:09 PM

Anyone here have a 1012 with Dell 1520 WiFi and working?

 Mini 1011 | N280/A05 | OSX 10.6.5 (NBI 0.8.5Pre), WIN 7 Pro | 2G RAM | 250G HD | BT
 MacBookPro2011 | OSX 10.6.7 | 4G RAM | 500 HD
  (#315) Old

Default 09-15-2010, 10:00 PM

THANKS... when I hit f2 it brings me to a screen that says it's the Phoenx Securecore setup utiltiy and asks for a password...if I hit esc it asks for the HDD password again.

any ideas?
  (#316) Old

Default 09-16-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theobear View Post
THANKS... when I hit f2 it brings me to a screen that says it's the Phoenx Securecore setup utiltiy and asks for a password...if I hit esc it asks for the HDD password again.

any ideas?
do you know that password?

Last edited by darkstar89; 09-16-2010 at 06:59 PM.
  (#317) Old

Default 09-16-2010, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midvale View Post
You folks in this forum totally rock! I have been Hackintoshing my Dell mini 1012 and have it working after using NBI 0.8.4pre. There is so much info out there and I was using some other versions with limited success, kernel panic, endless reboots, etc.

Now everything boots normally and Ethernet works. Trackpad works with three-finger scrolling. Looks like the system goes to sleep on inactivity so I need to figure out how to put the display to sleep as well, but that can wait.

My main issue now is that I have Wifi after updating with IO80211Family.kext but although it recognizes my network, I end up with the message "AirPort has the self-assigned IP address 169.254.148.44 and will not be able to connect to the Internet."

I have tried rebooting my router, toggled my Configure IPv4 from Using DHCP to Off and back again. I have tried renewing my DHCP lease. My DNS tab was blank so I manually added the info that is in my MacBook but that didn't help. Any ideas, anyone?
I have 1012 and I have same issue with you. But I can connect with manual settings. I'm using WPA on my home router and I didn't try my mini with another router.
  (#318) Old

Default 09-17-2010, 12:25 AM

When I try to open kext utility it gets to "Repair permissions for "System/Library/Extensions" then it says "timedout" this happens when I try to install the lidsleep.kext not sure why its doing that. Does this happen to anyone else?
  (#319) Old

Default 09-17-2010, 06:03 PM

Hi,

I am thinking about buying the Mini 1012 with the higher res screen. Will I be able to load Mac OSX on it? I saw mentions of no hardware acceleration. Does that mean I cant watch youtube on it?

Thanks,
Rich
  (#320) Old

Default 09-21-2010, 04:15 PM

still hopeless trying to run os x in my dell mini 1012 not luck still suck any one tested working in dell mini 1012 please send me details thanks in advance. nhelo_1982@yahoo.com