I get the same pb
open front row or Ichat
and close it
all works fine
  (#412) Old

Default 08-01-2010, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesagwa View Post
I'm on a 10v, installed this version of NBI, installed the update via Apple Updater, restarted, installed NBI again to fix sound issues and out of habit.

One problem I've had since updating is that when I close the lid to sleep, it will go to sleep, the light will flash as usual, but when I open the lid again the screen stays black. Hitting space or hitting the power button doesn't work, I have to do a hard reboot.

Dunno if thats a common problem people have had or if theres an easy fix for it.
I've had it, but not to do with the update - try disabling USB Legacy Support in your BIOS.
That worked for me.

Also, trying 10.6.4 now, after installing NBI (Meklort rocks). Will post results.
  (#413) Old

Default 08-02-2010, 12:54 PM

Working on installing OSX on a Acer Revo Aspire R1600, There is a typo with the generic install from NBI (see issue here). Now it just hangs with the NBI logo after the combo update. If I boot with recovery=y it hangs on the Apple Logo, any thoughts?

Still digging into the issue but I think the root of it is from the issue above.

Mini 10v | N270 | OSX 10.6.2 | NBI 0.8.3 | 2GB RAM | 160GB | BIOS A05|
Mini 10v | N280 | OSX 10.6.2 | NBI 0.8.3 | 1GB RAM | 160GB | BIOS A05|
Dell Mini 10v OSX FAQ
twitter

(#414) Old

Default 08-02-2010, 04:59 PM

Ok so I'm booting with:

Code:
recovery=y -v
And it's getting stuck here:

Code:
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
any thoughts?

Mini 10v | N270 | OSX 10.6.2 | NBI 0.8.3 | 2GB RAM | 160GB | BIOS A05|
Mini 10v | N280 | OSX 10.6.2 | NBI 0.8.3 | 1GB RAM | 160GB | BIOS A05|
Dell Mini 10v OSX FAQ
twitter

(#415) Old

Default 08-03-2010, 01:30 PM

I updated 10.6.4 from 10.6.0 using software update and special NBI from first entry of this topic. I think, now booting the computer takes much more longer than before (almost two minutes, it was booting in a minute before). Does anyone else have noticed this or am I the only one? Do you know how to make it boot faster?
  (#416) Old

Unhappy Still cannot install 10.6 - 08-03-2010, 02:28 PM

Anybody figure this out yet?
Attached Thumbnails
DSC02682.JPG  

MINI 9 | Runcore pro-lite 64gb | 2GB RAM |Mac OSX 10.6.7 win7 Ubuntu 10.10 triple boot| BT| NBI 0.8.4RC1(latest version)
  (#417) Old

Default 08-03-2010, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcn View Post
I updated 10.6.4 from 10.6.0 using software update and special NBI from first entry of this topic. I think, now booting the computer takes much more longer than before (almost two minutes, it was booting in a minute before). Does anyone else have noticed this or am I the only one? Do you know how to make it boot faster?
For me there was no significant difference booting 10.6.2 or 10.6.4 - it takes ca. 42 seconds...

maybe you have some more startup items?

Dell Mini 9 | 2 GB RAM | 16 GB SSD | OSX 10.6.8 | NBI 2351+Legacy Kernel+SleepEnabler
  (#418) Old

Default Problem with latest updates - 08-06-2010, 01:38 PM

Hey everyone,

I had a running 10.6.4 install thanks to everyone's help here. However, last night I got a notification to install a few new items (iTunes 9.2.1, Safari 5.01 and the digital camera RAW update). I installed the items, not thinking that I would need to run NBI again (since this wasn't an OS update). I rebooted after installation and am now getting KP for unsupported CPU.

I had a USB drive with Snow Leopard and tried launching from there, but I can't seem to figure out how to put the patched NBI on there.

Anyhow, I tried going to Terminal and doing the sudo rm command, then running the older NBI and everything seemed to work OK, but tried rebooting and still get KP.

Any thoughts on what's going on?
  (#419) Old

Question Mini 1012 + new NBI? - 08-08-2010, 05:04 PM

Mini 1012 here, trying to update to 10.6.4, got some weird stuff going on.

The first time I upgraded to 10.6.4 without any issues, using NBI 0.8.4pre. And what I mean by "without any issues" is after upgrading to 10.6.4:

First, before the update, I backed up my kernel (cp -pr /mach_kernel /mach_kernel.bak) and then applied the update.

As expected on reboot, I got KP. So I loaded up my NBBM 0.8.4pre install drive, restored my previous mach_kernel, re-ran NBI from NMMB and restarted.

typed "arch=i386 -v" in launch options, and after a couple of minutes I booted into 10.6.4.

Then I added arch=i386 to the com.apple.boot.plist and I was good to go!

Then, I couldn't get my bluetooth to work (External dongle) with my MM. So after much kext editing attempting to get my bluetooth to recognize properly (it's a CSR bluetooth, but it is based on the BCM2045 card, so there were two different kext files with my PID and VID in them.... weird) I tried to run the NBI on post #67. On reboot, kernel panic.

Tried to use my backed up kernel, still KP.

So I blew it away, and reinstalled 10.6.0 with NBBM 0.8.4pre. after the install completed, I ran the new NBI, and applied the 10.6.4 update.

Getting the same KP's on AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext no matter what boot options I try. recovery=y loads to the powermanagement kext and reboots immediately.

I have tried to do this 3 times now (clean install, run new NBI, download and install update to 10.6.4) and every time, the same KP.

Meklort, do 1012 users need to avoid the new NBI (same as RC1, but tweaked?)

Do you think adding disabler.kext to /extra/extensions, and running "touch /extra/extensions.mkext" might avoid the KP for powermanagement.kext if it is bypassed by the disabler.kext?

I'm also curious about how I got it to work with NBI 0.8.4pre the first time, Rhycel updated his 1012 using NBI 0.8.4pre by restoring his backed up kernel as well, but now I can't reproduce my original success...

Also, I'm pretty handy in terminal, I'm pretty good with kexts and plists, and I have a 1012 that has no important files on it (I can use it as a test bed all day), and I have a camera to get you KP information if you would like my help as a tester for the 1012.

This forum has helped me a great deal, it would be nice to give something back.

Please share your Mini 1012 upgrade experiences!!
  (#420) Old

Default 08-09-2010, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by questionmark425 View Post
Mini 1012 here, trying to update to 10.6.4, got some weird stuff going on.

The first time I upgraded to 10.6.4 without any issues, using NBI 0.8.4pre. And what I mean by "without any issues" is after upgrading to 10.6.4:

First, before the update, I backed up my kernel (cp -pr /mach_kernel /mach_kernel.bak) and then applied the update.

As expected on reboot, I got KP. So I loaded up my NBBM 0.8.4pre install drive, restored my previous mach_kernel, re-ran NBI from NMMB and restarted.

typed "arch=i386 -v" in launch options, and after a couple of minutes I booted into 10.6.4.

Then I added arch=i386 to the com.apple.boot.plist and I was good to go!

Then, I couldn't get my bluetooth to work (External dongle) with my MM. So after much kext editing attempting to get my bluetooth to recognize properly (it's a CSR bluetooth, but it is based on the BCM2045 card, so there were two different kext files with my PID and VID in them.... weird) I tried to run the NBI on post #67. On reboot, kernel panic.

Tried to use my backed up kernel, still KP.

So I blew it away, and reinstalled 10.6.0 with NBBM 0.8.4pre. after the install completed, I ran the new NBI, and applied the 10.6.4 update.

Getting the same KP's on AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext no matter what boot options I try. recovery=y loads to the powermanagement kext and reboots immediately.

I have tried to do this 3 times now (clean install, run new NBI, download and install update to 10.6.4) and every time, the same KP.

Meklort, do 1012 users need to avoid the new NBI (same as RC1, but tweaked?)

Do you think adding disabler.kext to /extra/extensions, and running "touch /extra/extensions.mkext" might avoid the KP for powermanagement.kext if it is bypassed by the disabler.kext?

I'm also curious about how I got it to work with NBI 0.8.4pre the first time, Rhycel updated his 1012 using NBI 0.8.4pre by restoring his backed up kernel as well, but now I can't reproduce my original success...

Also, I'm pretty handy in terminal, I'm pretty good with kexts and plists, and I have a 1012 that has no important files on it (I can use it as a test bed all day), and I have a camera to get you KP information if you would like my help as a tester for the 1012.

This forum has helped me a great deal, it would be nice to give something back.

Please share your Mini 1012 upgrade experiences!!
For now, mini 1012 is only supported by NBI 0.8.4 pre. honestly, there is no chance for updating to 10.6.4.