Forum Archive Old/outdated threads will end up here.

(#1) Old

Default My review on Sabertooth AA 50mm SSD. READ!! before buying Active Media Products !! - 11-20-2009, 09:52 PM

This is the easiest review I will ever write.

Sabertooth AA drive = Supertalent FEM32GFDL with a sticker covering a sharpie covered "Supertalent" traced logo in the PCB.

Period.

Jerry of Active Media Products explained to me that the products are made in the same factory. And it was a mistake that the Supertalent logo was there and somehow magically got sharpie marker on it.

So essentially his explanation suggests that the performance magically increases when the Active Media Products sticker is applied.

I suggest anyone wanting to buy a Sabertooth AA should purchase a FEM32GFDL cheaper from another source and then purchase envelope labels from staples. Perhaps applying two stickers doubles the performance.

I will post some pictures as soon as I get back from my business trip.

Thanks for reading.
  (#2) Old

Default 11-21-2009, 06:34 AM

Sorry man - b a s t a r d s (had to edit with spaces) really ripped u off, sorry to hear - but thanks for the heads up.

apologise for any offense for the above word but consider the word appropriate for this situation.
  (#3) Old

Default 11-21-2009, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grungysquash View Post
Sorry man - b a s t a r d s (had to edit with spaces) really ripped u off, sorry to hear - but thanks for the heads up.

apologise for any offense for the above word but consider the word appropriate for this situation.
Actually, AaronASB didn't get ripped off at all! On the contrary, he ripped us off!!
We sent him an SSD to evaluate a month ago that he claimed was for some corporate upgrades with the understanding he would either return it or pay for it. He hasn't done either. He hasn't paid for the drive and when asked to return it he threatened to make negative posts on the forum if we didn't send him a second drive for free, in which case he claimed he would not burn us on the forum. If Aaron is so unhappy with the SSD he hasn't paid for then why not return it? AMP has a very fair return policy.

Aaron also claimed the drive didn't come close to our rated specs and he threatened to post that in the forum too if we didn't send him a second free SSD. Our reply was "please post whatever honest benchmarks you want". We've already posted detailed benchmarks on the SaberTooth AA on this forum and on our site. If Aaron or anybody gets different results from our product please do post them...as long as they're honest benchmarks on our product.

After Aaron's first couple extortion attempts failed he threaten to post a recording of our conversation on the forum. Although it's illegal to record phone conversations, we told him to go ahead, but not just a tiny clip -- post the whole conversation.

If AaronASB has an ounce of integrity he'll either pay for or return the eval SSD we sent him. As a warning to other manufacturers, I would avoid doing business with AaronASB as his game appears to be extorting free products from vendors. Maybe he can target Apple next by threatening to expose that the iPhone is actually made by Samsung, or that Dell laptops are made by Foxconn.
  (#4) Old

Default 11-22-2009, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by activemp View Post
Actually, AaronASB didn't get ripped off at all! On the contrary, he ripped us off!!
I didn't rip anyone off, I told you I would gladly mail you back the SSD, contingent on you paying for a shipping label. I said I would send it back at YOUR expense.

Quote:
We sent him an SSD to evaluate a month ago that he claimed was for some corporate upgrades with the understanding he would either return it or pay for it.
Maybe that was your understanding, we never spoke a word about the demo you sent me in terms of how if at all it would be returned or paid for. I would have gladly secured the transaction with a credit card had you asked for a deposit. You saw green when you heard the quantities I was interested in.

Quote:
He hasn't done either. He hasn't paid for the drive and when asked to return it he threatened to make negative posts on the forum if we didn't send him a second drive for free, in which case he claimed he would not burn us on the forum.
Lie, what I said was mail me a second drive without "Supertalent" on it to prove that you in fact had a real product, and I would mail both drives back at your expense OR I would post my findings on the forum and elsewhere. I never suggested or implied that I was holding the "Supertalent" drive you sent me hostage.

Quote:
If Aaron is so unhappy with the SSD he hasn't paid for then why not return it? AMP has a very fair return policy.
A policy that we never had any discussions about. If you want the drive back, send me a return label. NO WAY I am paying to return your bogus re-branded run of the mill average SSD re-branded Supertalent drive.

Quote:
Aaron also claimed the drive didn't come close to our rated specs and he threatened to post that in the forum too if we didn't send him a second free SSD. Our reply was "please post whatever honest benchmarks you want". We've already posted detailed benchmarks on the SaberTooth AA on this forum and on our site. If Aaron or anybody gets different results from our product please do post them...as long as they're honest benchmarks on our product.

After Aaron's first couple extortion attempts failed he threaten to post a recording of our conversation on the forum. Although it's illegal to record phone conversations, we told him to go ahead, but not just a tiny clip -- post the whole conversation.

If AaronASB has an ounce of integrity he'll either pay for or return the eval SSD we sent him. As a warning to other manufacturers, I would avoid doing business with AaronASB as his game appears to be extorting free products from vendors. Maybe he can target Apple next by threatening to expose that the iPhone is actually made by Samsung, or that Dell laptops are made by Foxconn.
When iPhone sends their products to a customer, there isn't a sharpie covered samsung logo, and they don't send it out in Samsung packaging.

You clearly purchased a stock of Supertalent drives, and are trying to exploit the performance SSD market. I don't know of a single rational person that would want to buy your overpriced re-branded products if they knew they could get the real thing for 25% less from the actual manufacterer.

Not to mention, Supertalent knows nothing of any agreement you claim to have. And THEY manufacture their own products.

Supertalent is a trademark, this is the same trademark I see on the product you claim as your own. Trademark infringement. Expect to be contacted by their legal team, and if you think I am bluffing, google my username and see how many other bogus companies I exposed such as yours.

You speak of my credibility as being questionable, go on my forum InsiderForums ask one of my 75,000 members how credible I am.

Sabertooth AA = FEM32GFDL

activemp.com activemp active media products activemediaproducts activemedia sabertooth review reviews
  (#5) Old

Default 11-22-2009, 05:12 AM

What a disgraceful thread. I would never do business with either of these parties.
  (#6) Old

Default 11-22-2009, 10:20 AM

Yes, quite unhappy to see how people deal with each other. Aron, send the SSD back you have not paid for.
Maybe this thread should be closed by the moderators as this discussion will probably not come to a good ending here.
  (#7) Old
Administrator

Default 11-22-2009, 01:53 PM

I agree.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10