General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old

Unhappy Jumpy Menus After Lid Sleep? Type 11 7.7 Install... - 01-07-2009, 01:30 PM

I have verified this happening multiple times and I'm not sure why unless I did something wrong. Hoping someone can help.

Using Dell Mini 9 with Type 11 install, first installed using v6 then did an upgrade step to 7.7.

Works awesome, perfect until I lid sleep, then the touchpad results in extremely jumpy menu selection in the dropdowns (the blue highlights no longer point where I point the mouse, it just goes all over the place). Looks like a mouse problem in general with the touchpad driver.

Originally I thought it might be 2 finger scroll causing it so I uninstalled that, same problem after reboot.

Touchpad works fine until I return from a lid sleep.

Is there a solution for this or is it a known bug?

Thanks for all who worked on this, truly amazing package.
  (#2) Old

Default Re: Jumpy Menus After Lid Sleep? Type 11 7.7 Install... - 01-07-2009, 01:46 PM

I don't have a solution, but I have the same install (10.5 retail + Type11 v6 + 10.5.6 Combo + Type11 V7.7), and the same thing happens to me. Eventually it goes away, but initially after sleep my mouse goes nuts.

Also I'm not sure if it's related, or maybe this is due to a user error on my part, but 2-finger scrolling has never worked right for me, despite being installed.
  (#3) Old
Expert Member

Default Re: Jumpy Menus After Lid Sleep? Type 11 7.7 Install... - 01-07-2009, 01:47 PM

I used to have this with the dreaded 2 Finger hack. After full re-install + Type11 miniscript all was fine. I suggest you either hunt down the exact files put in for 2 Finger scroll and remove them from EFI partition/local entensions or simple re-install from clean slate and enjoy perfectly working system.

Dell Mini 9
8GB SSD, 1GB RAM
OS X 10.5.6
  (#4) Old

Default Re: Jumpy Menus After Lid Sleep? Type 11 7.7 Install... - 01-07-2009, 01:49 PM

Yeah 2 finger scrolling I believe is still listed as experimental and I think it works as well as they can make it right now. Looks like a totally different touchpad driver. I got it to work but it wasn't elegant, and it threw off tap to click quite a bit for me. Once I went back to the old touchpad driver via the handy uninstall, the tap to click worked tons better.

Neither could fix the mouse going nuts after sleep for me though, lid sleep anyway (I didn't try with forced sleep but I'm betting the same thing will happen).

I'd say this is good news that it happens to you though, because if we can duplicate it hopefully someone smarter than me can isolate and fix it too.
  (#5) Old

Default Re: Jumpy Menus After Lid Sleep? Type 11 7.7 Install... - 01-07-2009, 01:50 PM

Alright, if I gotta reinstall from scratch it'll be worth it just to make that go away. Thanks. If anyone knows an easier way to remove or replace certain files it would save me some time tonight.
  (#6) Old
Expert Member

Default Re: Jumpy Menus After Lid Sleep? Type 11 7.7 Install... - 01-07-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kem327
I don't have a solution, but I have the same install (10.5 retail + Type11 v6 + 10.5.6 Combo + Type11 V7.7), and the same thing happens to me. Eventually it goes away, but initially after sleep my mouse goes nuts.

Also I'm not sure if it's related, or maybe this is due to a user error on my part, but 2-finger scrolling has never worked right for me, despite being installed.
Do you hit the escape key after resume? There is a key "0" that get stuck after resume and this might be your issue. Always hit "Escape" after resume.

Dell Mini 9
8GB SSD, 1GB RAM
OS X 10.5.6
  (#7) Old

Default Re: Jumpy Menus After Lid Sleep? Type 11 7.7 Install... - 01-07-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmaltais
Quote:
Originally Posted by kem327

Do you hit the escape key after resume? There is a key "0" that get stuck after resume and this might be your issue. Always hit "Escape" after resume.
I was not hitting Escape. I will try that. Is this always the case with the Mini, that you must hit escape after opening the lid? When I open the lid, the screen turns on, and I must always hit Escape at that point?

Thank you everyone for the help, as you can probably tell I'm a Mac OS novice, but very happy so far!
  (#8) Old

Default Re: Jumpy Menus After Lid Sleep? Type 11 7.7 Install... - 01-07-2009, 03:24 PM

Its most likely the "0" key being stuck. Its just something that happens in OSX on the mini. At most its annoying if you forget. Just hit a key and it goes back to normal.
  (#9) Old
Guru

Send a message via AIM to UnaClocker Send a message via Yahoo to UnaClocker
Default Re: Jumpy Menus After Lid Sleep? Type 11 7.7 Install... - 01-07-2009, 03:48 PM

Yeah, any real key will get it to stop (as in, anything but ctrl, shift, alt, fn.. etc). We solved the problem of being comatose after sleep, but it's still got some minor grogginess with the keyboard.. heh..

Tired of wondering if your Mini9 is doing ANYTHING? - Add a HDD Activity LED
  (#10) Old

Default Re: Jumpy Menus After Lid Sleep? Type 11 7.7 Install... - 01-07-2009, 05:39 PM

Even if it is 2 finger scrolling, it is very very easy to remove...just read download my package:

download/file.php?id=331

There is a removal script inside that will revert you back to the standard driver and remove all the other items.