General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old

Default Type11/Boot132 on Lenovo S10 - 01-06-2009, 11:10 PM

I know this is off forum topic, yet finding info on these netbooks for OS X is hard. Its admitted that top weblogs are messing up best ways to do netbooks and OS X. I am running a vanilla mac right now on a Q6600, so I done these installs before. I am curious if this method would work with the Lenovo S10? I see no difference in these units except the bigger size screen (don't think I can do 9"). Hopefully I can get an answer before being yelled at. Thank you in advance!
  (#2) Old
Guru

Send a message via AIM to UnaClocker Send a message via Yahoo to UnaClocker
Default Re: Type11/Boot132 on Lenovo S10 - 01-07-2009, 12:33 AM

We'll be The Better Forum and humor ya.. I'd say fire up the Type11 CD and see if you can get the Leopard DVD to boot into the installer. If you can, that's the hard part behind you..
When we started on this OSX adventure for the Mini9, we started with a thread on InsanelyMac's forums, about the time it got 20 pages long, we moved over here and were better able to split the tasks and problems into their own individual threads, which really helped focus our efforts. You might consider starting the same way.
But hey, keep us posted on if you're able to boot into the installer with our Boot132 setup.

Tired of wondering if your Mini9 is doing ANYTHING? - Add a HDD Activity LED
  (#3) Old

Default Re: Type11/Boot132 on Lenovo S10 - 01-07-2009, 12:43 AM

I looked at the Lenovo myself, and found that quite a bit of the hardware did not infact have drivers that would work properly. If you google around you will find some how-to's which list what doesn't work.
  (#4) Old
Guru

Send a message via AIM to UnaClocker Send a message via Yahoo to UnaClocker
Default Re: Type11/Boot132 on Lenovo S10 - 01-07-2009, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrmore100
I looked at the Lenovo myself, and found that quite a bit of the hardware did not infact have drivers that would work properly. If you google around you will find some how-to's which list what doesn't work.
hehe, we were there at one point.. We wrote our own drivers.. heh.. But then, I haven't looked into this at all. As long as you don't have that horrible GMA500 that the Mini12 has.. You really can't get around that problem unless your a driver writing god (ie, your day job is in Cupertino...)

Tired of wondering if your Mini9 is doing ANYTHING? - Add a HDD Activity LED
  (#5) Old

Default Re: Type11/Boot132 on Lenovo S10 - 01-07-2009, 10:39 AM

After successfully doing the Mini, I've just started on applying the Type11 method to my Latitude D620. Still have to boot up using the Type11 iso, but I got retail installed just fine. As Una says, after that it is just a matter of finding which drivers work or not

Modding the Dell Mini 9 Part 1 & Part 2

DELL MINI 9 | A05 | 10.6.1 | 8GB SSD | 1GB RAM