Dell Streak Forum for discussion on Dells 5'' android tablet, the Dell Streak

(#1) Old

Default Honeycomb, Gingerbread, Streak 5 - 08-22-2011, 12:54 AM

Hello!

So some of you may know there was some talk about the "honeycomb" for Streak 5 in February,
But I've heard nothing more since then?

Is there a released working version of honeycomb or gingerbread ?
And of course I am on about unofficial releases since Dell and PSP's have left us dry...

If there is a released version of either one can someone please post the link below?

-Daniel
  (#2) Old

Default 08-22-2011, 11:11 AM

Why didn't you search the forums instead of starting a new thread about something talked about EVERYDAY
  (#3) Old

Default 08-22-2011, 03:09 PM

What is "everyday" to you, As I hardly see any about honeycomb or Gingerbread being released, I see people asking but not getting the answer they wished for.

So do correct my mistake if you feel like posting a link to an actual thread that has a release link included somewhere in the thread.
  (#4) Old

Default 08-22-2011, 03:17 PM

If they aren't getting they answer they want, then the answer is OBVIOUSLY a swift NO, you can ask a million times but that doesn't mean the answer will magically become a yes if no port for the Streak 5 exists, nor will a new thread in one of many forums magically have a Gingerbread or Honeycomb for the Streak 5 appear... this is all logically derived mind you... but to answer your question, NO there is NOT a stable, for everyday use of Gingerbread or Honeycomb for the Streak 5, and probably won't ever be. These are not my words either, this is a general consensus derived from READING and SEARCHING forums, rather than posting and expecting the information being spoon fed to me, and if there were a ROM out there, those that have access to it would think twice about giving you the link since you obviously haven't read the forums, had you then you would NOT have started a new thread...

If one EVER comes available, you will find it at xda or MoDaCo
  (#5) Old

Default 08-22-2011, 03:23 PM

Fair argument,
I'll keep an eye on them sites since Dell left Streak 5 users dry.
I would close the thread but... No close thread button
  (#6) Old

Red face Honeycomb, Gingerbread, Streak 5 - 08-23-2011, 10:04 PM

We really don't mind any repeat thread.

I only sometimes use the search engine to check whether an issue has been raised before.

We are just glad that we received a new post, - as they are hard to come by.
  (#7) Old

Default 08-23-2011, 10:39 PM

I noticed, This place use to be an active forum, But now... It's almost like no-one comes here anymore...

I only posted because someone that goes by the name "djsteve"/"dj_steve" was meant to be working on "honeycomb" for the streak 5, I looked around and as I said above no one found the answer they was looking for..

Shame really because the streak is a good phone/tablet... apitty dell left streak 5 users.
  (#9) Old

Default 08-24-2011, 12:42 AM

Thanks for that! I'll have to read up on it tomorrow morning,
Its abit late now.
  (#10) Old

Default 08-24-2011, 09:20 PM

A Honeycomb port for the Streak 5 is bound to be hampered with problems, since Honeycomb was conceived as being strictly for large-format tablets, not phones (or phone-like form factors, such as the Streak). I still say the better bet would be a jump from Froyo straight to Ice Cream Sandwich ... but Dell abandoned the 5 before that could become possible.

I think it's good the device moved from Donut to Froyo. It's a great device, but in the lifespan of cellphones, it's OLD.