General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#41) Old

Default 05-03-2010, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
You can use Chameleon to boot Win7, or do what I do and install EasyBCD under Win7 and let it manage the boot process.
If I were to do this how would I go about getting rid of Chameleon?

EDIT: I did a new install of Windows 7 then used http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/dual...ndows-7-a.html

Everything seems fine. My last wrinkle was Windows 7's clock being off by 4 hours but I fixed it by change the bios clock and everything is fine now. Thank you all for your help, it was definitely a fun experience. Earned myself some more nerd cred.
  (#42) Old

Default 07-25-2010, 04:10 PM

Hi, I just posted this to Zoltaire as a message but wanted to post to everyone for some help. Similar issue with the drive. Is there a solution without removing the drive?

Hi Zoltaire:

I need some help. I have a Dell Mini 1010 (Intel Atom, A11 Bios, 160G hard drive) that I thought was a 10V but instead of sending it back, I wanted to try to Hackintosh it. I followed the link and followed all of the steps outlined Joeltje:

http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/mac-...tml#post162416

I have the external drive prepped with the image, etc. as he noted and expanded all of the items for download. I then boot up with the external drive and it goes through the process of taking it to the screen where it asks for the language.

I then proceeded to go to the disk utility and tried to format the drive and to no avail as it didn't show up. The only drive that shows up is the external USB drive for formatting. I have tried the following to get the drive recognized as it was an NTFS drive:

1) Installed Ubuntu on a bootable USB drive;
2) Formatted the drive as a GUID partition (tried to use that format but still not found)
3) Formatted as a FAT 32 partition (no good)
4) I then used GParted and formatted the drive to an HFS+, which I thought would be perfect but no good

I am stuck as I have read all of the posts and have not solved the problem. Do I need to flash the bios to an earlier version given I am at A11?

Thanks for your help!

Bill
  (#43) Old

Default 10-07-2010, 10:03 AM

everytime i get one boot from the external then thats it. panics on second reboot talking about cpu management. also says no os version set. gonnna try one more time updating first then see. if that doesnt work i'll be back
  (#44) Old

Default 10-07-2010, 08:43 PM

I am having the same problem, mine it manage to load to start the copy of the osx on the mini, but it did not find a hdd, should I partition my hdd, so I could install it?
  (#45) Old

Default 10-08-2010, 12:30 AM

it wont read it internally, what i had to was hook the hd to a sata external dock, use in my case a ide hard drive on an external dock for the "flash drive" or dvd. I was able to install it many of times and the initial boot works great. once i reboot though it will never come back up from external or internal.
  (#46) Old

Default 10-21-2010, 08:21 PM

Hey, can anyone help with the 'still waiting for root device error on a dell 1010 using the netbook maker for mac? Thanks in advanced!
  (#47) Old

Default 02-24-2012, 04:28 AM

I realize this is an old thread but as a point of reference, when installing to the internal hard drive if you do not see it go up to utilities and select Disk Utility and partition the internal drive to a single partition an select the option button to select GUID opposed to master boot record. Following that make sure its mac extended journal and once partitioned, the drive should show up for installation. I am currently installing the image now.
  (#48) Old

Default 07-13-2012, 05:35 PM

Q: How do you inject the AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext into the Netbook Bootmaker?
  (#49) Old

Default 07-14-2012, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qman View Post
Q: How do you inject the AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext into the Netbook Bootmaker?
I think it's already in osx, so it picks it up during install. If you need some special kext, you could try adding to chameleon's Extra folder, I think.
  (#50) Old

Default 07-14-2012, 04:10 PM

Thanks for the reply I found and used the Modified NetbookInstaller 20100616212351 it injects the AppleIntelPIIXATA file and some other need files, it took a few tries to figure it out but I finally got it. I also used it to update to the newer versions (10.6.4 - 10.6.7). Anyhow my Dell Mini 1010 is up and running OS X, if I knew what I know now it would have been a lot easier! Peace