Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old

Default -x safe mode boot takes forever-now no sound - 11-19-2009, 05:27 PM

and starts with 'hibernation too long .... error' then white for long time then blue start in safe mode, is the long start up normal?

and is that a sign that NBI is not sticking? that I get the 'hibernation too long error'?

now when I try to join airport it just gives me 'connection timed out'(router problem-solved)

now no sound(I re ran NBI in safe mode) !!

wil now try to run update extra by itself and restart(!?)

EDIT: sound works again after third(fourth?) restart. and I guess I should just stop talking to myself, though everyone seems quite helpful.

no one can keep up with my noob tinkering, my wifi was the router sometimes needs to be power cycled.
  (#2) Old

Default 01-01-2010, 04:33 AM

I just updated to 10.6.2. Sound is gone, and I can't boot into xp anymore. I get a very long pause at the wireless connection when I use verbose mode. I can boot into SL 10.6.2, but no sound. I'm using the final release of NetbootInstaller
  (#3) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mechdrew
Default 01-01-2010, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itry2hyde View Post
I just updated to 10.6.2. Sound is gone, and I can't boot into xp anymore. I get a very long pause at the wireless connection when I use verbose mode. I can boot into SL 10.6.2, but no sound. I'm using the final release of NetbootInstaller
You need to reinstall the extensions and bootloader again in NetbookInstaller. DO NOT run it in Safe Mode! Run it as normal. (Both of you.)

Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.2 | XP Home | Windows 7 Home | 2GB RAM | 160GB HDD | BIOS A05 | USB Legacy: ON | USB Wake: ON | BT: None | NBI 0.8.3 Final
http://osx.mechdrew.com - News and Guides for Installing Mac OS X via NetbookInstaller - Now on Twitter

(#4) Old

Default 01-21-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdrew View Post
You need to reinstall the extensions and bootloader again in NetbookInstaller. DO NOT run it in Safe Mode! Run it as normal. (Both of you.)

Here are the steps I followed:
Attempt #1
Boot Normally
Run NBI final
Reboot - I get the message "still waiting for boot device". I also noticed a there is a message while the trackpad drivers are loading - something about can't map the keyboard. system won't boot.

I have to boot into safe mode and install NBI again. The system will boot normally except no sound.

Attempt #2
Same steps above except I boot and install from my usb stick.
Same results.

I guess something isn't loading properly.

Suggestions?

10v • Atom 280 • 1 Gb ram • 160 Gb HD • NBI 0.8.4 RC1 • SL 10.6.4 • Windows XP Home