Dell Streak Support Forum for Dell Streak owners to get help and support for their Streak.

(#21) Old

Default 09-04-2010, 03:15 PM

Accelerometer seems to be afflicted with a mental disorder, some apps work fine, others do not.

Out of interest I checked that Sugarsync out, registered etc, and now it won't stop syncing, even when out in the world on HSDPA (Goodbye data plan allowance..)

Google Picassa syncing fails every time.

Volume controls have same disease that the accelerometer has.

Scrolling anything on the home-screen popup white menu thing (for adding/changing homescreen stuff) is laggier than a weekend of Halo3. o.o
  (#22) Old

Default 09-04-2010, 05:09 PM

Per my post to your other thread, there are 2 ways apps can get input from the hardware on how it's positioned and moved. With one working and the other not, it all depends on how the app was written and which method it uses.

The volume buttons are responding as if they were orientated for a portrait device (the button 'highest' in portrait increases volume, the button 'lowest' decreases it).

I agree with everything, just expanding on the reasons why it is happening
  (#23) Old

Send a message via AIM to Streaker503
Default 09-04-2010, 08:32 PM

I can't upload YouTube videos

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by roneill View Post
Address bar doesn't appear when you click on a link in browser. So it's impossible to tell if a page is loading without scrolling back to the top of the page.

Apostrophe hidden away on keyboard - really annoying when your surname's O'Neill!

No option to sort Outlook tasks by due date.

No options to set number of items to display in calendar widget.
Yes! The address bar thing drives me crazy!
  (#24) Old

Default Google Sync not working in 2.1 - 09-04-2010, 09:30 PM

Like what I've seen so far but main issue is that attempts to get onto Android Market fail because it asks for my Google account info - which I provide - and then despite strong wireless connection, it says something like "need a wireless connection". Any thoughts?
  (#25) Old

Default 09-04-2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcltd View Post
Like what I've seen so far but main issue is that attempts to get onto Android Market fail because it asks for my Google account info - which I provide - and then despite strong wireless connection, it says something like "need a wireless connection". Any thoughts?
Turn wifi off and try logging in with your 3g data instead. Known issue with market. Once logged in you can re-enable wifi and all should be good.
  (#26) Old

Default 09-04-2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streaker503 View Post
I can't upload YouTube videos

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

Yes! The address bar thing drives me crazy!
Me to!

Don't like the fact you no longer have a button on the address bar for bookmarks either.

Also it was good to have the view of open windows available, now just a list

Agree with other comments re the volume buttons being messed up!

Home screen has moved too. Now 3rd from left rather than 2nd!
  (#27) Old

Default 09-04-2010, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyW View Post
Me to!

Don't like the fact you no longer have a button on the address bar for bookmarks either.

Also it was good to have the view of open windows available, now just a list

Agree with other comments re the volume buttons being messed up!

Home screen has moved too. Now 3rd from left rather than 2nd!
Oddly, my browser is showing both an address bar (it isn't auto-hidden when I launch it, though I did see it do that once or twice!), and the bookmark button to the right of the address.

When I browse a new address it does disappear again sometimes but it isn't consistent. The bookmark button is only gone whilst I'm typing the address to go to (or search for), before and afterwards it is there.
  (#28) Old

Default Dellstreak 2. s rubbish - 09-05-2010, 02:12 AM

Im having thesame bugs as everyone else. But i do have an addional 1.
When typing a Message, when i go and type a contacts name in the #to field' it no longer brings up any contacts names when type any in.

Any help? PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

---------- Post added at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 AM ----------

Guys is there anyone that can help? ive upgraded to 2.1 but now when im textng, hen i lick on the 'to field' it no longer shows contact hen itype in their name so i have to go into contacts and anually elect a person and the retype the text. SOOO ANNOYING!!!
  (#29) Old

Default 09-05-2010, 04:58 AM

All my contacts are Google sync'd ones, as with previous threads on this same topic for 1.6, I was able to just type the first couple of letters of the contact I was interested in and they would appear in the drop-down to select from.

Also just pulling up the keyboard on the home screen with a long-press of the menu button and typing in their name would pull up the contact. As well as just typing them into the Google search bar widget.

If you don't think you're doing anything particularly different, make sure you haven't been running a task/app killer since you last rebooted.
  (#30) Old

Default 09-05-2010, 08:48 PM

I've been using 2.1 since Friday and there's only 2 things so far i've got a problem with.

I use my phone for music in the car and when on 1.6 and I pulled the cable out the headphone socket, the music paused or the application closed.
Now on 2.1 when I pull the lead out, the music continues from the speaker so need to close the app.

I can enable or disable the notification sound but if I set the notification sound to silent, it crashes with "We are sorry!! The application Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"