Dell Streak Support Forum for Dell Streak owners to get help and support for their Streak.

(#11) Old

Default 07-29-2010, 05:56 PM

Hmmm... what I want is to type "Sa"... and it find Sarah, Samantha, Sandra... etc... or just to have the option to press a button (either long press or press menu) and insert a contact from my contacts list... they seem to be the most logical ways to me and neither work...

Only option I have is to type the number... which of course I can't remember... if I could I wouldn't need a phonebook.

I take it that's not how it is for others?
  (#12) Old

Default 07-29-2010, 07:18 PM

Yeah it's pretty much as you describe for me, as you see in this shot.

Not sure why it wouldn't work if you're in the same field with the keyboard up.

My contacts aren't on the SIM, they're just in the regular contacts application for google sync'ing.
Attached Thumbnails
compose_message_contact_search.jpg  
  (#13) Old

Default 07-29-2010, 09:23 PM

ive had the vibrate till you remove the battery issues a couple of times. the rest is fine so far
  (#14) Old

Default 07-29-2010, 10:26 PM

if i type sa, i get sarah fine but no samantha or sandra maybe any girls here could share their numbers to fix this?
  (#15) Old
Banned

Default 07-30-2010, 12:27 AM

WIFI:
Doesn't automatically connect to my home wifi, have to stop/start on the phone. Never had this problem with my iphone, nor do I with my pc & laptops.

Wouldn't connect to my work wifi initially, had to switch the phone off/on & then it would. Have the same problem as with my home wifi though - won't automatically connect when in range. – so definitely a phone glitch

UI:
The 3 buttons on the right side aren't that responsive, often having to touch 2 or 3 times before I get a response, especially bad if you're not holding the phone in your hands. The vibration they make is annoying too, and it can't be turned off.
I say on the right side because, unlike the iphone, it only has 2 orientations.

With the extra so called real estate, you'd think the keyboard would be a dream to use, yet it feels more cramped than the much smaller iphone screen, not helped by a generally poor screen touch accuracy.
Placing the cursor in between text somewhere is frustrating, & selecting text to cut/copy is not pleasent, overall typing is not that accurate and the auto- correct/predict feature isn't the best.

ANDROID.6:
Let’s hope 2.2 is around the corner, & let’s hope it's considerably better!
There are bugs galore on this thing -

Usb keeps disconnecting after a few minutes when copying lots of small files, such as music singles, but strangely ok for much bigger files such as an mp4 film in a few parts. Pc errors out if copying files to/from pc at the time. Have to wake phone, re-establish connection & start copying afresh.

Screen lock has stopped working all of a sudden. Before, I had to touch the menu button after the wake button to unlock, but now the screen becomes active with just the press of the latter, that can be easily done when in your pocket etc.
Couldn't find a setting for this so enabled the pattern lock instead.
I enabled the pattern pass lock. This worked for a week but has stopped working too. This is completely unacceptable for obvious reasons! – turns out an app I installed had bypassed the pass lock. This should never be allowed to happen!

Landscape keypad comes up shrunk quite frequently, have to turn portrait and back again to rectify.

Email - I want to be notified of a new email only. If I have unread emails in my hotmail account, it alerts me each time it fetches (set for every 30 mins), even if I've been to my inbox to have a look. (But still left unread)
It's now started telling me i have emails when i don't (inbox empty!)

Just went to watch a film using my Bluetooth headphones, says it's connected but sound is still coming out the speaker & not my headphones. Had to switch phone off/on to rectify.

keyboard is rubbish, continual inaccuracies.

Then there’s the accepting incoming calls problem, whereby you have to unlock your screen, select from the notification bar, & then select answer call – ridiculous.

I’ve just tested my voicemail, which works, except the phone doesn’t show I have a new voicemail! Good job I checked as I had 8 voicemails from friends/work that I had no idea about.

Notification volume keeps going back to full after I have turned it down. Always seems to be after I’ve used any app, browser etc.

APPS:
This is probably down to the iplayer app (myplayer) and not the phone, but the picture quality is bad. It's as if the player just blows up a picture meant for a smaller screen resulting in chunky pixels. Text is unreadable so forget programs with subtitles.
There's no fast forward / rewind either - if for some reason i have to stop watching completely, i can't pickup where i left off, i have to watch the whole bloody programe again.

Plus too many other niggles to remember…

There just seems so much wrong with this phone I don’t see how it can be made good.

Last edited by arlrb; 07-30-2010 at 12:30 AM.
  (#16) Old
Founder

Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default 07-30-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:
WIFI:
Doesn't automatically connect to my home wifi, have to stop/start on the phone. Never had this problem with my iphone, nor do I with my pc & laptops.

Wouldn't connect to my work wifi initially, had to switch the phone off/on & then it would. Have the same problem as with my home wifi though - won't automatically connect when in range. – so definitely a phone glitch
Check your Wifi sleep settings Settings > Wireless Controls > Wifi Settings > Menu Button > Advanced. Mine is set to "never" so it always uses wifi over 3G.

Please do not send me support requests via PM.
  (#17) Old

Default 07-30-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunhamzzz View Post
Check your Wifi sleep settings Settings > Wireless Controls > Wifi Settings > Menu Button > Advanced. Mine is set to "never" so it always uses wifi over 3G.
You could also try using a static IP. I can't connect to certain wi-fi spots without a static IP... don't know why... my girlfriend's xbox has the same issue on her network so it's probably network specific rather than a problem with my streak.
  (#18) Old

Default 07-30-2010, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arlrb View Post
There just seems so much wrong with this phone I don’t see how it can be made good.

You still here....?
  (#19) Old

Default 08-01-2010, 12:44 PM

When you type something on forum and you reach more lines that 2 of text in Replay box keyboard is covering text which you type in line two. Its should move whole webside/forum text box up to let you see what you are just writeing. Its very bad bug i think and should be added.
  (#20) Old
Banned

Default 08-01-2010, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibcom View Post
You still here....?
You still got your thumb up your ass?

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunhamzzz View Post
Cheers, have changed to never but yet to try it. Seems daft that this isn't the default though; I had to setup this connection, so why would I not want to use it when available...