Dell Streak Support Forum for Dell Streak owners to get help and support for their Streak.

(#1) Old

Default AT&T Streak 2.2 unable to import contacts from SIM card - 03-02-2011, 05:43 PM

The Dell/nova backup & restore failed to restore my contacts when I upgraded to 2.2 yesterday. I had also kept most on the sim card. I've tried twice to import them all and it appears to work but 'Contacts' continues to show "You don't have any contacts to display." There doesn't appear to be a way to use the SIM card for contacts either like you could in 1.6.
  (#2) Old

Default 03-02-2011, 06:22 PM

Mostly everything assumes that you will be using the google mail synchronisation to store your contacts.
  (#3) Old

Default 03-05-2011, 10:15 PM

I would prefer that Google not know everything about me...
Anyways, I did a factory restore attempting to go back to 1.6. That did not work but after the reset I was able to import my contacts from the SIM card and they actually showed up. Previously it would import them and then say I had no contacts...

Now I find my BT crashes. I really want my 1.6 back. At least it worked fine.
  (#4) Old

Default Dell Streak upload sim contacts - 01-05-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by popatim View Post
The Dell/nova backup & restore failed to restore my contacts when I upgraded to 2.2 yesterday. I had also kept most on the sim card. I've tried twice to import them all and it appears to work but 'Contacts' continues to show "You don't have any contacts to display." There doesn't appear to be a way to use the SIM card for contacts either like you could in 1.6.
It is possible to bring simcontacts in certainly in 2.2 anyway and is useful when you want to bring in your contacts from an old simcard. Go to contacts, click the menu [middle button on right hand side in landscape view] and several options present along bottom of screen. The one you want is import/export. Import, you get a list ready ticked. Deselect any you don't want to import. Confirm when ready to proceed. I don't know if this answers your question, but it may answer one for those who see this thread when searching for how to import sim contacts.

Last edited by Al123; 01-05-2012 at 05:08 PM.
  (#5) Old

Default 02-10-2012, 12:46 AM

Thank you for the step by step guide.
I had to do a factory restore before the funtion worked for me but as you say, others may not even know where or how to do this. Thanks again
-Tim