StreakDroid Android Development forums for StreakDroid.com

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#1) Old
marvin02 marvin02 is offline
Senior Member
 
marvin02's Avatar
 
Posts: 100
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Indiana, USA
Default Streakdroid 1.9.0 released - 03-22-2011, 07:48 PM

Streakdroid 1.9.0 released
Release thread at XDA

Release thread at MoDaCo

Release thread at streaksmart

Highlights:

Quote:
UPDATE 22/03/2011
Version 1.9.0 AKA The Final Frontier
rebased off combination of dell 318/319/322/341 and 345 libs and frameworks 2.2.2 dell files
fixed the stock dialer
reverted stagefright libs to fix flash issues
added fards modified Skia and SkiaGL librarys to fix random browser crashes on certain sites
removed transparent install option, will readd for next one depending on demand
added auto zipalign script, FIRST BOOT WILL take some time
fixed an issue with some market apps not appearing
Reply With Quote
  (#2) Old
agent5050 agent5050 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1
Join Date: Mar 2011
Default 03-22-2011, 09:01 PM

how come there is no post on new page for releases since v1.6.1
Reply With Quote
  (#3) Old
cdzo72 cdzo72 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 27
Join Date: Mar 2011
Default Getting from Dell 1.6 to StreakDroid 1.9 - 03-27-2011, 02:16 AM

Guys, I just acquired a used Streak and tried updating from 1.6 to 2.1 Eclair and my baby got stuck at the DEll logo. Now, I have read so much in the forums that my head is spinning... so my question is, exactly what steps do I need to take to get from my DELL logo that is now sticking on a Streak that has never has DJ Steve's StreakDroid ROM installed to it, to back up and running with his new version of 1.9??? Please help me, I am lost!!!
Reply With Quote
  (#4) Old
caryb caryb is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1
Join Date: Feb 2011
Default 04-04-2011, 01:50 AM

Streakdroid 1.9.0 released What Andriod version does this equate to?
Reply With Quote
  (#5) Old
Kumouri Kumouri is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 5
Join Date: Apr 2011
Default 04-04-2011, 04:23 PM

1.9.0 Is still based on 2.2. Dell just released the source for a 2.3 build for the Streak, but it is full of bugs. Hopefully Steve will get most of those figured out and the next version will be a 2.3 release.
Reply With Quote
  (#6) Old
marvin02 marvin02 is offline
Senior Member
 
marvin02's Avatar
 
Posts: 100
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Indiana, USA
Default 04-04-2011, 05:07 PM

1.9.0 is based on Android 2.2.2

Quote:
UPDATE 22/03/2011
Version 1.9.0 AKA The Final Frontier
rebased off combination of dell 318/319/322/341 and 345 libs and frameworks 2.2.2 dell files
fixed the stock dialer
reverted stagefright libs to fix flash issues
added fards modified Skia and SkiaGL librarys to fix random browser crashes on certain sites
removed transparent install option, will readd for next one depending on demand
added auto zipalign script, FIRST BOOT WILL take some time
fixed an issue with some market apps not appearing
Reply With Quote
  (#7) Old
Witchfinder Witchfinder is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 2
Join Date: Apr 2011
Default 04-18-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumouri View Post
1.9.0 Is still based on 2.2. Dell just released the source for a 2.3 build for the Streak, but it is full of bugs. Hopefully Steve will get most of those figured out and the next version will be a 2.3 release.
From this, can we infer that an official Dell release of 2.3 is likely?
Reply With Quote
  (#8) Old
iStormUK iStormUK is offline
Senior Member
 
iStormUK's Avatar
 
Posts: 201
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default 04-19-2011, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdzo72 View Post
Guys, I just acquired a used Streak and tried updating from 1.6 to 2.1 Eclair and my baby got stuck at the DEll logo. Now, I have read so much in the forums that my head is spinning... so my question is, exactly what steps do I need to take to get from my DELL logo that is now sticking on a Streak that has never has DJ Steve's StreakDroid ROM installed to it, to back up and running with his new version of 1.9??? Please help me, I am lost!!!
Wait 20 mins, see if it still happens.. If it does.. use an SD card reader to put one of the numerous official pkg files into the root folder, with the name 'Update.pkg' Start the device with the card back in, holding down the volume buttons. Select the update option and try again.

If it remains obstinate, go to StreakDroid.com, read up on the QDL tool tutorial, and try that as a last resort.

Afraid that, if it's a bitch after that, it's liable to be the dreaded primary SD failure bug.. Ie: it's borked, and needs replacing, usually by manufacturer.


=======================
Once again a proud Streak Owner
Powered by FroYo (official)
Locked to O2 - Curses!
Reply With Quote
  (#9) Old
cdzo72 cdzo72 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 27
Join Date: Mar 2011
Default 10-15-2011, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumtwo View Post
Hopefully Steve will get most of those figured out and the next version will be a 2.3 release.
There is already a second beta release of a Gingerbread based Streak ROM by DJ, I am running it on my Streak now
Reply With Quote
  (#10) Old
friedje friedje is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 164
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chartres, France
Default 10-30-2011, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdzo72 View Post
There is already a second beta release of a Gingerbread based Streak ROM by DJ, I am running it on my Streak now
Do you have a link to this beta ?
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright © 2008-2016 MyDellMini.com.